Summer LC thread

Guess who has read the most posts without making one.

I noticed that I can unlike a liked post, in case anybody gets too cocky.

dk how far back in time that works for tho

He deserves to have his 4 posts that no one liked quoted, pointed at and jeered at.

Could be me.

2 Likes

Here are some more pics from the Love Long Beach festival I attended

Summary

Pic of me being silly

Also I absolutely love the ease of adding photos and the summary function. This site is fucking tight. Again I really appreciate those who put the work in for us.

Where’s my under title and also how do you see under titles?

Same here! :slight_smile:

Apparently 3 guys just tried to rob an armored car and got in a shootout with police literally 2 blocks away from my job, so thats fun. Also, they fled towards us. Should be an interesting morning.

Robbery Shots Fired - 36th & Market. No injuries. Committed by 3 males. 2 males fled the scene in a purple/maroon Trailblazer SUV with passenger side windows shot out. Third male wearing all black fled east on Market St. All actors should be considered armed and dangerous. Market street is closed from 34th street to 38th Street, 36th Street is closed from Ludlow to Lancaster. Multiple police agencies on scene.

In definitely NOT cold fusion news, this Motley Fool blog post is a good example of the incredible ignorance of most cold fusion skeptics. This same dude wrote a post on the initial project announcement 5 years ago and still hasn’t managed to learn the most basic details.

Five years ago, Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT) promised to change the world forever. In an announcement of blockbuster importance but laconic terseness, the world’s biggest pure-play defense company announced that it is working on a solution to the problem of fusion nuclear energy – aka “cold fusion.”

The Lockheed project is a compact fusion reactor (CFR) that has not the slightest thing to do with cold fusion afik. It’s an ordinary hot fusion device.

1 Like

New site rocks. Ty all.

3 Likes

so much this. Really impressed with the functionality both on phone and laptop. Thanks for the work you guys have put in to this.

1 Like

Can I call Mason a fat stupid lardass nazi scumbag yet?

4 Likes

Not sure what you were waiting for, but by all means please do.

I bet I’m in the running for the least-posts-made to most-likes-given ratio.

4 Likes

9 likes to 2 replies, not bad.

1 Like

Vox dot com on an important and inexplicably overlooked solution to the student loan crisis:

these fucking people. This dude inherited tens of millions of dollars and then this conversation happens? WTF

Nick: There were a couple reasons [I decided to pay off Caroline’s student debt]. The first is because Caroline is spectacularly hardworking and if anybody deserved that, it was her. She had no off-switch when it came to work. And second, in our relationship, we were at a time where she was constantly working and constantly stressed about paying those bills even though she had enough money. If your partner is really stressed, that enters into the relationship as well. I thought it would also bring a bit more peace and harmony into our marriage.

Caroline: I wasn’t expecting [him to do it]. We talked about it before we got married and then he said that was something he wanted to do, and I was like, “Oh, wow, okay.” It was a little bit like this dream thing. I still had $21,000 left, and it would have taken me years at the rate that I was paying them off to keep doing that. A month after we got married, we just logged on to the site, he entered his card info, and literally paid it off in one click.

1 Like

Seriously, can we please start fucking guillotining people? I am so ready.

5 Likes

Like what must be the average inheritance of Vox Dot Com editors and writers for that article to ever be published? Has to be mid seven figures.

It’s a dumb article, but it’s not remotely framed as “One weird trick to pay off your student loans”. It’s a series about couples’ financial issues:

Welcome to Money Talks, a new series in which we interview people about their relationships with money, their relationships with each other, and how those relationships inform one another.