Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

I FINALLY hit on one by god

@spidercrab

Can they just have a CEO class, where the only thing they teach you is to not claim to your employees that your stock is going to 10x?

During virtual all-hands meetings, Foley would tell staff the company’s explosive growth was just the beginning and the stock price would reach $1,000 a share, three former employees said.

Lol Amazon was telling people the stock would moon at least 15% per year…

Between 2017 and early 2022, the stock price increased on average about 30% each year. But Amazon’s stock is currently trading around $96 per share and some employee pay packages are structured under the assumption that Amazon’s shares would be around $170 per share, some of the people said.

Our stock planning price was $450 next year (when it was at $300 2 years ago).

It is now at $50.

They’ve adjusted the planning price now, but still absolutely bonkers.

Not stonks

1 Like

Some days you get the stonk and some days the stonk gets you.

1 Like

100% AMC portfolio doing well today.

1 Like

What is the ‘planning price’ used for ?

everybody has a target compensation, they use the planning price to determine how many RSUs to give you in addition to base pay to meet that compensation in 4 year allotments (at hiring/promo/laddering) The board approves these prices annually usually

They were going to use that price for new hires during that year for example.

1 Like

For a long time Amazon capped salary at $150k and everything above that was paid in stock. Worked until it didn’t.

Most tech does the same. We cap at $200k but the idea is similar.

I find that really odd that there would be an expected future share price calculation used to calculate comp. Like… I can’t even think of what technique would be used for that calculation that carries any academic or scientific credibility.

I am definitely not doubting you. At my company, I get an annual RSU grant as a percent of my base that is based on the share price on that grant date.

2 Likes

Oh believe me there is no credibility to it. It’s an embarrassment. Almost all companies do it as rolling 90days or something similar at hire date

love this picture

3 Likes

What do you love about it?

pretty much everything. old dude with stack of blank paper. wife with prop laptop. library card face down on middle of table. A+ stock photo, would use again.

2 Likes

That’s the perfect spot for a harold picture, missed opportunity there CNBC.

3 Likes

The fact that the investor appears to be mad at the advisor because the market went down is also very true to life.

listen here, sonny boy! when i was a lad a coke cost a nickel, and the only thing that went tick tock was my pocket watch.

2 Likes