Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

I can’t argue against your imagination.

If you don’t have to pay taxes and you know there are no consequences for doing so then why would you? I’m just using a little game theory here.

Believe it or not , a lot of people just pay their taxes even though they might not get caught if they didn’t

I think your underestimating the ability for gig workers to even pay there taxes. Just ssi and medicare are 14% plus state and whatever tax bracket you fall in. And I can tell you from personal experience there isn’t a whole lot of money left after you buy gas, insurance and depreciate your mileage.

I drove doordash a bit and when I figured total mileage from the time I left my house till when I returned I often didn’t even get one dollar per mile I drove.

They may not owe any taxes in the first place if their income isn’t high enough. They could even potentially get a tax refund (negative income tax) without paying things.

I’m thinking more of the gig drivers in big cities who do seem to make some kind of living from this, though.

If you have positive income your still getting hit with the 14% self employment tax.

I’m sure there are exceptions maybe Uber black or some higher income zip codes. And my experience wasn’t typical because I didn’t use much game theory and pretty much took whatever delivery I was assigned. But I found out quickly that there just wasn’t much income to be made. At the time I was driving a 2011 Toyota Corolla that was pretty much completely depreciates so I didn’t mind. But once I bought a new car I was done.

AFAIK it’s exactly the same as trading when the market is open except there is less liquidity and probably wider spreads.

4 Likes

I pay my taxes but if there were a literal 0% chance of facing consequences if I didn’t then I wouldn’t. Just having the rules and making some noises in the direction of enforcing them will do enough for a lot of people to follow them.

1 Like

This guy is a good follow if you are into or wish to learn more about trading futures. But this video (plus many others he’s done) are great watches even if you have no interest whatsoever in futures. He exposes online ‘gurus’ and trading influencers. Pretty entertaining guy

You nailed it, the first trade in the overnight session was about +20%. I had a buy order set, but my bid was way lower so no fill. It could keep running in the morning but I ain’t fucking with it at this price.

What QuantGamble said, also you can’t use market orders, your trading screen might make you tick a box to allow the order to fill outside regular trading hours, and there are fewer available order routes (especially before 7:00).

Same goes for trading in the after-market session.

The overnight session is separate and may require a separate order (at least it does in Interactive Brokers, meaning a good-til-cancelled order set to fill outside RTH won’t fill overnight).

1 Like

I’ll be disgusted when DJT goes to $120. Imagine holding calls that expired on Friday. :monkas:

1 Like

Hahahahahaha, ARK -7% YTD, VTSAX +17%

https://x.com/cathiedwood/status/1812585396120740039?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

I had puts on djt until 2 weeks ago. Lol me, got lucky. … stock price declined like a third and options barely moved. Sold. I’d guess it rips higer today?

1 Like

“Had we known the stock would have gone up then we wouldn’t have sold it” is first rate investment analysis IMO. Well worth the management fee.

1 Like

DJT up 50% premarket.

https://x.com/AutismCapital/status/1812922676253716731?t=6JpBLs_PKNz0FBSkJvK7LQ&s=19

4 Likes

It’s even more insane when you realize that ETFs can just eliminate their capital gains anyways

2 Likes

If you’ve been wondering what former Blind Date host Roger Lodge has been up to, I just saw him in an ad on CNBC. He’s a gold bug now.

It’s a can’t lose strategy!