Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

Wtf is DFV? is that the cat guy?

One thing I continue to struggle to understand is that obviously some humans weren’t ready for social media accelerated misinformation, but many people were “ready”. Lots of us, when confronted with social media misinformation, are immediately skeptical. We’re all susceptible to being manipulated, of course, but it does seem clear that social media literacy is a skill, and some people have a lot of that skill and some people have very little or even no skill in that area. My instinct as an actuary is to dig in to the factors that characterize social media literacy, but I don’t know where to find that kind of research.

Do you have access to journal articles through your work?

Start with Google scholar. It will give you the headlines, and then you can search around that, even if you don’t have access to the journal papers themselves

1 Like

Recently his broker (who has suspended his trading due to suspected market manipulation) revealed that he loaded up on short-dated calls shortly before his tweets. He knew the effect his tweets would have, so he pumped and dumped, giving him the newfound hundreds of millions. That wasn’t enough, so he bought again at the dip to $20 and pumped again with his reddit post. That second pump quickly ran out of steam, so he pumped a third time by announcing the livestream. All his “am I allowed to say that” remarks during the stream were because he’s under investigation by the SEC for his recent PnD. I doubt anything will come of it because all he did was post some memes. It’s not his fault the Efficient Market decided that a drawing of someone leaning forward in a chair (with no mention of gamestop btw) 5x’d the value of the stonk.

2 Likes

Gamestop released their earnings early so that they could announce their 2nd round of dilution in a span of two weeks. I assume the company will be selling shares this coming week, plus a good chunk of bulls found the DFV stream disappointing, so I think the stonk breaks below $20. Plus if DFV is done pumping for now, he’ll be looking to dump (if he thinks he can get away with it) because he’s definitely not a believer in the company despite what he said in the stream.

Mad props to whoever convinced these morons to DRS their shares. Every time there’s a pump, they can’t sell even if they try, so they’re forced to hold everyone’s bags. They can’t even log into their accounts because Computershare crashes when too many people try to use the site. If someone is lucky enough to log in, it still takes days to sell their shares, by which point the dump usually already happened. On top of that there’s a hefty fee to do anything.

Computershare is god awful. It’s like Salesforce, how does such a dogshit software company have such immense market share?

Not sure what it means for the economy but Walt Disney World has been empty.

Fuck Computershare.

I suspect that there is a strong correlation between emotional intelligence and social media literacy. I can’t really articulate why, though.

All theme parks currently are. Who woulda thunk that continually raising prices would price out a big chunk of goers?

They’re not totally empty.

Living here, a whole whole large chunk of USAians still fukn love their Disney holiday tho’! Not just taking their kids - often just adult couples who always do it
Maybe Disney are making a calc that they can jack prices on the hardcore/lose some customers/but therefore improve experience for those hardcore. Maybe I’m doing some FPS thinking and Disney are just being greedy fuckers.
Merchandise has to be a big revenue, so no’s on the ground is important

https://thehill.com/business/4717516-consumer-price-index-may-2024-inflation/damp/?nxs-test=damp

We stonkin

2 Likes

SPY at 541 pre market and climbing straight up

1 Like

Dow Jones is 30 companies.

SPY is the etf equivalent of the S&P 500, or one of those etfs anyway. DIA is an example of a DOW etf. Dow Jones stocks are all part of the S&P, but not all S&P stocks are part of the Dow.

I understand how DOW and SPY work.

Speaking of S&P, quarterly rebalance was announced.

In -

CRWD, KKR, GDDY

Out -

RHI, ILMN, CMA

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/crowdstrike-kkr-godaddy-join-benchmark-sp-500-2024-06-07/

idk why this was responding to suzzer I thought it was a new post

1 Like

cool cool, meant no offense, your post just read like a disagreement is all

DOW has been sucking wind for a while since it touched 40k

Does anyone except Dow Jones even care about their stock portfolio’s performance?

1 Like