Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

Too long to be a good acronym

Stoxx :vince1:

Wendy’s to start their “surge pricing” next year which is basically the ability to change prices every second, depending on time of day, holidays, events, locations, UBI and SS payments and of course their own supply to finer tune revenue.

Its already done for businesses like uber, and to a smaller extent, hotels and ticket prices, but I don’t see how this doesn’t quicky become the norm for gas stations, retail stores, and almost everywhere as every item can have it’s own unique price that really does shift in demand quite a bit just over the course of a day as well as a whole host of other factors.

1 Like

I can’t imagine that fast food customers would tolerate a surge pricing model where the prices are literally unknown to the customer before they open the app or enter the store.

4 Likes

Surge pricing when demand doesn’t outstrip supply is asinine, and even braindead American consumers won’t tolerate it

3 Likes

It would be coming from all angles and happening everywhere - epsecially when most buyers would be scanning and buying with their phones in the future.

Price changes for bottled water on hot days, chips and salsa on gameday and cinco de mayo or higher gas prices on labor day weekend amongst literally a million others isnt going to sway people away. We basically have that now with old fashioned inflation and “supply chain issues”

Theres a reason why we already had $8 gallon gas LA vrs 3.50 in Missouri. Its just a way to perfect it all without having to pay some dude to change a sign on every item.

1 Like

There aren’t a lot of late stage capitalism-y things that surprise me but I didn’t have “surge pricing everywhere” on my bingo card. Thanks, now I have a new nightmare.

If it truly is capitalism, shouldn’t we also get the reverse of surge pricing. There should be lots of off-peak bargains to be had. Right? anakinpadmeright.jpg

2 Likes

it going to go exactly how the last 3 years have gone. “supply chain issues” = 20% surge in prices, supply chain issues subside = 0% reduction in prices because the corporations have already seen that consumers are willing to pay the higher prices.

Consumers are supposedly “winning” against the corporations in 2024 because prices are only expected to go up by 3% this year.

Yeah give them food stamps instead so the poors don’t overspend at Wendy’s!

I took advantage of.off peak pricing earlier today: half off pizza Tuesday.

1 Like

Drive thru dumdums won’t even know what is happening. If the menu board adjusts the price from 7.49 to 7.99 before they pull up, nobody is going to bail.

Everyone was going to revolt when airlines made the insanely greedy unforgivable cash grab of charging 20 bucks for a checked bag. It’s now a kidney to carry on a fanny pack.

You are very very juicy much nectar to squeeze still.

1 Like

I got drunk on off-peak prices tonight. They call it “Happy Hour”. I think it might catch on.

2 Likes

Surge pricing model going to be really onerous for 99 cent stores.

Feeling better and better about my general life plan to rarely leave my house.

David Benioff ruined Game of Thrones

Marc Benioff ruined my portfolio

I’m in for a sweat but couldn’t find mention of OZK in this thread. What’s the deal?

Do white people know that meat in Latin/Asia markets costs like half of target? I have never seen more than like 3 or 4 of them wandering around in there at a time.

If you’re a grocery store and you want to get a white person’s attention, send them a weekly advertisement to their home.

A couple of the Asian markets in my area were cited for some extremely unsafe food handling practices involving some of the meat they sold. We never shopped there, but the details were pretty…unappetizing. Just two data points. I don’t think the Asian part has much to do with it. I’d view any type of market selling extraordinarily cheap meat with some skepticism.