Sports LC Thread

Yeah, got home in time to see Bingham clear up to prolong the match. It does seem bad for the players, but I guess it’s the way it has to be.

Yeah it’s very unusual as 1 of the matches usually ends before the last session, I think this is a 1st it’s had to be played later.

• along with a great left arm, Cliff had an awesome right hook too :grin:

Murphy takes the 1st and is now in front for the very first time. :thinking:

Murphy cruising it. I think the problem is Wilson’s just on the water and not the powerful green smoothie thing.

1 Like

Yeah Murphy has got this, he’s even taking his time

Selby wins in true Selby style. Once it got to that safety battle it was game over.

Murphy V Selby

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Binghams raging in his interview, can’t blame him tbh, he deserved a final frame

Just had a look on twitter, can understand him being upset and Selby had the run of the balls slightly in that last frame, but he got out saftied. Also even as someone who hated Ebdon back in the day, opponents taking time over shots is just something you have to be able to deal with.

I agree… Bingham had a few chances in the last frame and should have played a different safety shot in that he should have been hitting that ball a lot harder and played for a bit off BallRun. :blush:

5/3 to Murphy going into tonight :joy: And there both missing balls + Murphy got a nice fluke in the last.

I don’t like the fist-pumping Murphy. He says he does it because snooker’s entertainment, but great players don’t need to entertain with that bollocks.

After winning a match, fine. Murphy does it after a shot lol.

Hoping the new Thorburn grinds the fuck out of him.

Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s better than the Pete Weber crotch chop:

Each to their own.

I’d rather watch a video of Werbeniuk drinking 18 pints of lager than Murphy fist pumping.

I think this is a overreacting to what 3 moments at most and I don’t even think it was 3 times he clinched his fist.

Sure, I can understand why he’s unlikeable, alough I’m enjoying his stomping around while producing the odd rye grin after a winning frame. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s not just the many times he takes over a shot, it’s the constant staying at the table for 3 seconds longer, the slow motions to the table & some delaying tactics when using the rests and asking the refs etc and no one really went out before Mark arrived on the scene, sure the odd 1 or 2 but it was rare and was frowned apon, jeez even in the drinking days they didn’t leave as much.

He’s a great interviewee - surprisingly articulate and bright for a sportsman.

1 Like

When I went bowling in college, we did the DX chop when we got strikes.

I also did it a one armed version when I got a spare.

We were very mature.