Sports LC Thread

Can’t take anything away from Bingham, he played extremely well and never let up all match, 19/25 frames were won from 1 visit and its going to take a great safety player to beat him, which Selby is.

Also Selby is back to his ever hating best, he’s been a beast all week and it would take some bottle to bet against him imo as he’s truly been different class all week.

Alough if anyone can best Selby it’s Wilson, the top of his game is also very impressive.

Bingham need to start well tomorrow and not miss any long shots or chances, if Mark gets even to 2 all at the 1st break I think it’s over, Murphy/Wilson is an enigma to me, Murphy is capable of anything tomorrow and I wouldn’t be surprised if he bangs in a 147. :sweat_smile:

Selby was human today and missed quite a few shots he should not have & Bingham was flying all told after again a white ball might have been causing trouble and the cushions were slower as the’ve just been covered (This is a common problem ar this stage) which caused Selby and Bingham a little distress.

This made Stuart grasp the match by using some aggression in his positioning where as Selbys approach lacked some confidence with the equipment.

Im looking forward to Murphy/Wilson as I’m neutral and hoping for a great match :sweat_smile:

I was honestly thinking of putting a bet on a 147 from shaun in the Semi as I have a feeling he will just go for everything tonight :100:

1 Like

The snooker’s great!

1 Like

I’ve been glued to it the last 1 1/2 hours :laughing:

Now Ronnie’s out I’m supporting Selby but Iain Duncan Smith has been in great form today.

Ball run for me as I’m afraid I can’t support a Leicester fan :see_no_evil:

As is inferred with these words lol

I have the advantage of not knowing how terrible any of them are as humans so I’m going purely by what’s on TV. Ignorance is bliss.

Selby is a genuine person all told and so is Stuart, both decent family men by all accounts, it was his play during the early 2010 to 15 where every match turned into a safety fest with Mark stifling his oppenents into submissions, which all told is a great way to be able to play + he has the breaks to boot, probably up there as 1 of the best all round players of the game and its not disputed by many tbh.

The wise money is still on Selby, believe me.

Possible 147 :thinking:

Even when ball run isn’t at the table :roll_eyes:

Should be a good afternoons snooker tomorrow :sweat_smile:

I kinda love that his nickname is ‘The Jester’, wonderfully inappropriate. I don’t mind him and have always admired being able to grind it out, but I can understand not being a fan. Personally Murphy’s always got on my nerves. Both matches look set for good finishes, so that’s nice.

When he was a kid he was more entertaining (personality wise).

True… He’s had 1 moment of showing some humanity on the baize in 2014 when finally he showed some emotional response.

Me too, I disliked his play along with Selby but the last 2 years he’s been good for the sport and has definitely become a more likable person after getting married.

Can’t wait tbh… Got my bag of Jelly babies & crisps and 3 days off work as of 2 pm…

1 Like

I don’t know what’s going to happen as it looks quite likely that this match may have to be finished after the Murphy/Wilson match, unless there’s more flukes like the last one. :grin:

1 Like

You don’t remember Cliff Thorburn?

Remarkable break from Selby after such a long period of safety.

2 Likes

Sadly can’t watch this afternoon and just thought that I hoped it finished later. Probably not the best for the players, but good for me

1 Like

You’re in luck then as this will be the last frame at 14/14 with a possible 4 frames after tonight’s match.

6pm is the cut off :+1:

1 Like

Wow they got 2 more frames in and this frame may be the last as it’s 16/14

Edit: Also this frame should not be going ahead as it started at 6pm

Edit2: 16/15 back tonight :see_no_evil:

1 Like