Sports LC Thread

Man’s endurance over other animals is the primary reason for top of the food chain status.

Your recent power rankings ascendency is impressive.

The Razorbacks absolute track supremacy has no bearing on this opinion.

1 Like

Started watching this college hockey game because it was in overtime. Kinda want to go to bed, but can’t bring myself to turn this off. 5th OT about to start.

1 Like

I went to RIT (who?) my first year of college and they somehow made the Frozen Four so I camped out and got tickets and took a 10 hour bus trip and they lost 8-1 to Wisconsin.

2 Likes

At least I can go to bed now. Those guys must be tired. 6 hours of hockey.

Also did the NCAA just straight up ignore COVID protocols for this or did they just assume that it’s North Dakota and everyone already had it? Not a whole lot of mask wearing in the stands.

Assume we’re all following the World Curling, yeah?

Canada v Scotland in the first game of the round robin, nail biter so far but not looking good for the Scots in the 8th end. Olympic titan Shuster gets underway later today.

Edit - meant 9th end, and Canada won.

Monday 5th April :grinning:

1 Like

I signed up to Eurosport just to watch this. White 1-0 up. Come on, Jimmy!

1 Like

I’m about to go searching for it… Eurosport. Co. UK :sweat_smile:

Come on Stephen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is this streaming anywhere that can be accessed from north America?

I can’t find any… Just on Eurosport. CO. UK and need to sign up… If you find a link please tell.

I guess I will just watch grainy videos of their 1990s matches on YouTube.

1 Like

It’s a pity it’s only online as it’s the qualifiers :grimacing: searched all the Eurosport channels on TV and no luck. :pensive:

I’ll provide bad commentary if you like.

Frame 2 - White made a scrappy 20 then they had a re rack, Hendry then got in amongst them and made 37 but just broke down.

Live commentary from the site below…

Jimmy glides in a terrific opening red but then Jimmy misses one while opening the pack, and this is a tremendous opportunity for the K of the C. Jimmy looks well vexed.

:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Live commentary…

Goodness me, has there’s been no inflation since the 90s? Jimmy misses a black off its spot and we’re back playing safety. He then leaves a red over a black that’s over a pocket, and we’re looking at a re-rack I’d say.

®️

:+1:

The sites well behind as you can see, thanks for this. :hugs:

They’ve each played some ropey safeties and Jimmy went in off once, but no real breakthroughs yet.

1 Like

Hendry carved an opening, missed one to middle, then Jimmy got a red but no position and missed a blue, now Hendry has a chance at the frame. Needs red, colour, red.

And makes it.

1-1.

1 Like

Some bad safety, then Hendry got 10, more bad safety and Jimmy put down a nice long red. He got 27-10 up then missed :frowning: Hendry got 5 then he missed, now Jimmy’s in again but looks like it’s a safety after the first red.

Not great play to be honest.

1 Like