Sports LC Thread

If any of you other greaseballs wanna play fantasy footy, it’s only 20$ and loads of fun

Already in too many leagues

wat. I feel you’ve let the new forum down.

Not bringing politics into OT but…

This forum is doomed with the way discourse is going.

ok. for that, ur Mets r gonna lose tonight

I’ve been experiencing that my entire life.

1 Like

I was you this time two years ago and I finally had enough and dropped out of all my leagues. It was kinda nice not having to come up with an extra $1000 or so in August last year. This year I’m in two leagues for low stakes and that’s it. The burnout is real.

1 Like

Yep it gets to the point where your players do well helps you but also screws you so what’s the point?

1 Like

lol the conflicts of interests, so great

It’s worse with college fantasy and I wind up with some Auburn schlub

1 Like

I doubt it’s for the same series, but I, too am excited for a regular season baseball series for the first time since…2012, maybe.

I mean, we just called up a kid who’s nickname is the Punisher…and he’s living up to it by crushing 118 mph homers. How could I not be excited?

https://twitter.com/MLByahoosports/status/1159620193389359111?s=20

The umps are getting out of control in MLB. Brett Gardner was tossed and he didn’t even do anything. Gardner was right to be pissed. And he’ll probably get fined for going after the ump while the ump won’t face any repercussions for tossing someone that didn’t do anything wrong.

they’re terrified of losing their jobs to automation. It’s already happening in the independent leagues. I say two more years before we have what the Atlantic League has now (computer + home plate ump for other stuff like catcher interference and passed balls, etc), and a few more years after that, no more home plate umps at all.

Nah, there will always be umps even if what’s going on in the Atlantic League catches on. You will still need human eyes to catch everything. Robot umps, live umps, and replay will all work together.

Gardner was pounding on the ceiling of the dugout with a bat just before he got tossed so he did kinda do something. Then Boone makes it worse by lying and saying it was him. The umps are horrid but a team 33 games over .500 arguing balls and strikes w a young ump is pathetic.

That’s not why he got ejected. The ump said he specifically heard Gardner barking when it was Cameron Maybin that was yelling. There’s video showing that. And LOL at criticizing a team pissed off at a bad call in regardless if was a bad call. A bad call is a bad call. Doesn’t matter the score or record.

Agreed. It was a terrible injustice to have the guy pounding on the dugout with a bat tossed for complaining because he wasn’t the one complaining. And arguing about balls and strikes in the way that they did is feeble and sad and even worse for a team of their record and self-professed status as the premier organization in baseball.

You are a Yankee hater. I get it. But a giant LOL at what you are complaining about. GTFO here w/ that crap LOL. Maybe Aaron Judge should be ejected for clapping when Aaron Hicks hits a home run lol.

The yankee way, boys and girls

Oh please. Your gaslighting crap may work on 2+2 but not here. LOL @ thinking banging your bat should result in an ejection.