Should wookie be immediately removed as mod?

No offense to Keed, but I have no specific interest in him being a mod. Other people have mentioned they volunteered.

This is not about Wookie or Keed.

to be even more honest, i’ve read enough people who seem genuinely wary of @anon10396289 being mod that I don’t think he should become one in the near future, as things are flammable enough. My single vote doesn’t matter as much, but a mod should get like a stupid large majority of the votes.

(tagged keed because it’s not nice to edit something about him after he liked the post)

2 Likes

I know Well Named did, but did Whosnext mod chez’s forum? I remember there being some confusion over two of his mods having the same initials.

Big deal? Everyone was like hey why’d you close the thread? Could you open it? And he did.

Yeah, but he was kind of chez’s unwitting patsy afaict. Whosnext seems like an okay kid in my book.

ffs nfw should anyone who modded that forum be allowed to mod here.

What are you all thinking of? Were any of you actually posting in it against the tide of racism, sexism, Islamophobia and transphobia so you know how bad it was?

1 Like

We need a replacement, no? Keed is obviously a bad idea and I think whosnext would get community support. How about that smacc guy instead, then?

I would buy some one a 75$ restaurant or bar gift certificate of their choice to spend an hour or 2 with me on Skype and tutor me this shit. Seriously, multi quoting, polls etc … idk , I’m successful but this Uber has some miles on it and it’s just easier for another old ( not u old ) to show an old how to do it.

Maybe @WichitaDM could help cause I knows he loves his Chilis , Red lobster , Applebee’s etc .

Keed isn’t “obviously a bad idea” lol. That’s just plain insulting. He’s just better at trolling (ie more interesting) than you are.

And I come from a different part of the political spectrum to him, before you try that one.

Agree to disagree. Would smacc be an okay Wookie replacement iyo?

1 Like

For shits and giggles here is a funny blast from the past. I was offered the co-modship by Matt during our collective exodus from 22. Lol :joy:

2 Likes

Definitely, if you could persuade smacc to do it (he’s said he’s too busy).

A few people need hobbies.

10 Likes

Seems like we need to sort out who the replacement will be, then.

no packs available on topshot :(

2 Likes

Maybe I’m making fun of both sides?

I think that some posters have a personal grievance with Wookie because they think he modded them wrongly, but I also think that some posters think that Keeed is a fucking moron who shouldn’t be a mod and oppose a process that would lead to him being a mod.

I think this is a bad idea. Voting against a mod is like slapping them in the face. This means permanent mods unless a mod is so hated that they would be recalled anyway. Everything is always subject to recall, if not by vote, by people opening up another site.

3 Likes

I also think PC, smacc and keed have similar ideas on how to mod, which no one is really discussing and which needs to be.

Those three give you coverage of the left to right spectrum of views here, and time zone coverage too.

2 Likes

Would Yuv be acceptable to you?

2 Likes

Yes, if his ideas of modding were compatible with the others.

What’s pretty obvious is you can’t have a split between mods who are ban hammer happy and mods who want to discuss and reconcile first.

(Not saying Yuv would be any of these because I have nfi).

1 Like

It conflates “should mods rotate/have fixed terms in general” with “I hate wookie and I want him removed”.

I don’t hate Wookie. I think he should have been a mod as much as anyone else on this site. I do want mods to not be permanent. There’s no way I’m voting to remove him in this poll.

3 Likes