Should Julian Assange be pardoned?

And you are talking down to me about nuance??? Come on man.

Youā€™re a fucking psycho. Hopefully your Roger Stone libtard project crashes and burns

1 Like

homer

7 Likes

ā€œYou know whatā€™s wrong with America? We just donā€™t kill journalists any more. This country, we used to. The second greatest president, Abraham Lincoln, he did. He put thousands and thousands of journalists in jail. Had others shot. Say what you will about Honest Abe, he never let journalists push him around. Believe me. Just the other day I had a journalist come up to me. This big, strong typesetter. He had ink smeared all across his hands and on his apron, and on his dumb journalist hat. Thank you, he said. He had tears streaming down his face. This big, strong journalist. Thank you for starting to finally prosecute and execute my shitty colleagues. No one understands journalists like you do. Heā€™s right. And believe me weā€™re just getting started.ā€

1 Like

Dude come on. Assange distributed a bunch of selectively leaked emails from the HRC campaign as part of the Russian effort to get Trump elected. It was the most effective part of that campaign and it wasnā€™t close. Itā€™s one of several events that had they either not happened or broken the other way weā€™d be in a very different place right now.

You seem to want to attribute the last 4 years toā€¦ I donā€™t know what. What on earth do you think just happened to all of us?

Itā€™s entirely possible to recognize that the US has had dangerously terrible foreign policy (mostly because of the interests of oil companies and the military industrial complex which is a very real thing) while simultaneously thinking that we have enemies that it would make sense for us to kill from time to timeā€¦ and itā€™s also pretty reasonable to point out that a direct frontal assault on our democracy and the entire global system just happened more than meets the requirements for us to get our hands dirty. If anything itā€™s justified purely from a deterrence perspective. The reason these guys cynically use the title ā€˜journalistā€™ is that they know that there are a ton of people like you and Keed who will absolutely lose their minds if we do anything real to a so called journalist. Itā€™s all propaganda, every single bit of it.

Thereā€™s lots and lots of blame to go aroundā€¦ but that doesnā€™t mean we let the outside actors off the hook. Trump is pardoning Assange because heā€™s guilty as fuck lol.

thank god youā€™re immune

3 Likes

This is absolutely fucking insane and Iā€™m surprised to hear it from you.

What would you do about Hannity, Tucker, etc? Jesus Christ man

Actually covid and all the extra deaths are Obamaā€™s fault, he made fun of Trump which lead him to want to be president.

Thanks Obama!

Although then I have to wonder whoā€™s at fault for getting Obama to run because they might be the ones originally at fault for covid. Maybe it was the first humans who decided to have kids? Iā€™m gonna go light this joint and ponder who is at fault for covid the most

1 Like

I could not tell you a single thing that was in those emails. The most effective part of the campaign for Trump was the part where his opponent was Hillary Clinton.

Edit: were they the emails that had the weaksauce evidence of conspiring against Bernie in the primary? Maybe I know one thing in them

Yeah and it didnā€™t help that Hillary wanted Trump to be the opponent too! Her arrogance knows no bounds

I would only lightly waterboard Hannity.

1 Like

Kind of the opposite, actually. Trump was the only one she had a chance to beat! Cruz or lil Marco would have crushed her.

To answer the question of course he should be pardoned, but also of course Trump would be doing it for the wrong reasons. The second part doesnā€™t matter.

Even then, I donā€™t think I agree. Trump would be pardoning Assange and Snowden to stick it to Clapper, Brennan, CIA Torture Lady, Mueller, etc. Those are great reasons! There are better reasons, like justice, but whatever. Still good reasons.

1 Like

It has plenty to do with whether or not Trump decides to pardon him.

Right, I donā€™t want journalists prosecuted for espionage for doing journalism, which is what Assange is being prosecuted for.

Well then it seems like the prosecution has no case. No need for a pardon that would stink to high heaven. Obama didnā€™t prosecute but he didnā€™t pardon him either. Maybe he thought that would be a bad precedent too. Any idea what Obama would do given what he knows now?

False equivalence. Hannity and Tucker are talking heads from Fox News opinion side and Assange just got pardoned for being a key link in how HRCā€™s emails got leaked back in 2016. Heā€™s also not a US citizen and isnā€™t in that level of trouble with me because of his shitty opinions.

You should know that if I were president weā€™d be using every single tool in the arsenal of the federal government to take every dollar Rupert Murdoch has, take his freedom, take his entire families freedom and shutter every single media outlet he owns. Iā€™d probably break quite a few laws to get it done too. I mean the fuck you cheat code worked for Donald and thereā€™s some house cleaning to do.

OK, Iā€™m sure weā€™d all love to see more names on your kill list.

1. Glenn Greenwald
  2. Julian Assange

Who else?

I donā€™t actually think either of these guys is a viable target to killā€¦ I was saying that they have way more equity to make it onto a kill list in a theoretical Boredsocial presidency than some random charismatic farmer from the Afghan tribal regions. I could at least make a case for it.

And I donā€™t know I havenā€™t thought about it much. But I know a legit no shit enemy of my country when I see one. Iā€™ve been watching Assange since wikileaks and Iā€™m 100% sure heā€™s no journalist. Heā€™s a deniable mouthpiece for evil people. If itā€™s possible to deserve a drone strike he definitely does. Even fractional responsibility for what just happened makes you worse than Osama Bin Laden and itā€™s not super close.

The biggest reason not to kill Assange is that he tends to spend his time in first world places where we canā€™t just drone with impunity. He ever strays anywhere near a place where we can and I call it in 100% of the time.

The world is complicated, so Iā€™m taking the view that Trump, GOP, Murdoch, Fox News, the MIC, etc, etc, etc are more responsible for the past 4 years than Assange and GG.

You have Assange as being more responsible for consequences of Trumpā€™s actions than Trump himself. But you also think he revealed nothing important, except when you claim that it was the most important part of the campaign. You are making both contradictory and outlandish claims.

What is the case for extrajudicial assasination of Assange and GG?

The relevant question is this a just prosecution or is it unjust? If itā€™s unjust Assange should be pardoned. I donā€™t care why Trump decides to do it.

What? No. If there is no case but the bureaucracy of the justice department wants to move forward with an extradition and prosecution, that makes a pardon far more compelling. But I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case and Assange will be convicted if he stands trial.