SenorKeeed For Mod!

The poll should probably be closed because Wookie seems to want to stay on as mod and was adamantly opposed to my moderation philosophy. I tried to say this a little more gently above. I don’t want to be mod if I’m not able to implement my proposal, or if I can sort of do my thing while Wookie mods in his diametrically opposite philosophy. I don’t think it would work, perhaps another mod can weigh in.

And while I think that churchill was acting in good faith, I think that this can and certainly should wait a while. And given other posters concerns that an Official Person didn’t start the thread, let’s just close it.

3 Likes

eta: I was replying to Jbro’s most recent post.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. And you don’t get to declare it official anyway.

IIRC in the past there was a semi-pseudo nominating process and someone semi-pseudo official (or higher) started a poll with specifications such as time limits, who could vote, what the required margin for selection was, etc.

No, just make one. Or throw on some clause if he gets modded - if all the other mods decide he should go, just kick him to the curb. Put him on a leash. I dont see what damage he could really do as a moderator that he cant already do as a poster. I’m really sorry to the mods that strongly disagree with me but feel free to call me out or whatever for it.

I hope Keeeed keeps posting frequently forever because I think he’s hilarious and super sharp when he wants to be. But for me the biggest reason he’s so entertaining is he’s the single most effective troll in the history of the poker-adjacent internet.

And Unstuck wants to see what happens when he gets to use his superpower as…a mod? The man who has perfected bad-faith posting to such an artistic degree that hundreds of berserkers who absolutely know better can’t help themselves from spiraling into his troll gravity again and again? What could possibly go wrong

PS I should keep my mouth shut about the fifty forumdrama threads because I haven’t really read them, and it looks like there are some super good posters (@MysteryConman, to name one) who are at least partly on the other side, but man, the baby bathwater logic that leads a bong-wielding mob to running out heroes like Wookie…cmon guys! The internet mostly sucks! This place is great. I don’t really want to learn reddit

16 Likes

I appreciate you thinking of me as someone who could be a mod. However, I feel there are multiple posters who are ready, able and willing to step up. At this time, while I am (cap)able, I’m not ready or willing(due to work obligations), so I’d rather defer to those posters who are.

2 Likes

nice, you asked a question and also answered it in eight words, good posting

10 Likes

Just a joke. You probably missed one or more of the prerequisite posts for getting it.

Admit it was a coup attempt and I’m going to hand deliver my yes vote to the Unstuck dropbox so the Wookie funded Dominion machines can’t steal it.

5 Likes

I’m not replying specifically to you. I just found your post a convenient starting point for the issues I want to lay out.

As a progressive-leaning community, I think we could take a look at some alternative voting systems and seeing how they could be used to select mods. Should we consider using range voting? If we want to avoid mods who have lukewarm approval from a majority but strong opposition from a sizeable minority, maybe we should.

3 Likes

I think I’m mostly reacting to the elitist fucking bullshit attitude that went behind modding people at 2p2. I fucking hated that shit. I would have been a perfectly good moderator but was told by a certain orange name that basically 100% it’d never happen because a red couldnt stand me.

I really dont wanna see that culture perpetuated here. Being a mod isnt a big effing deal. And if it becomes a deal, remove them

13 Likes

Mostly grunching. I don’t think mods should be elected because of their plans for changing the rules in a framework that we know doesn’t work. They should be elected because of what they bring to the forum…

2 Likes

No offense to SK, but his temperament seems less than ideal for modding and I don’t think his ideas are particularly helpful towards the reasons for issues in the community.

2 Likes

I suppord Keeed for mod. I just can’t vote because I had OP on ignore from the covid thread.

2 Likes

but I have a plan for that

1 Like

Just IMO, but this thread is hopelessly mixed up because there are discussions about a half-dozen distinct questions all going at once.

Maybe it’s too late but a better structure would be to have this thread be purely an up/down moderator vote for SenorKeeed, and have the “process” questions be handled in separate thread(s).

P.S. I have THOUGHTS about many of the issues on the table but in the spirit of doing what I say I’ll hold them for now.

2 Likes

I for one am relieved that Keed will only have this job for as long as he keeps getting voted for in a cycle of “constant reelections.” Or until he resigns. Or dies.

1 Like

From one -“man” poster to another, that’s kind of you to say.

There’s simultaneously “a lot” and “not much of anything at all” going on in most of the kerfuffle threads. It’s kind of meta, like all things human and interpersonal. To clarify one thing, because I feel if I don’t then other’s may construe my position and/or other posters’ positions as being “on the other side”.

I have 100% confidence that @MrWookie cares deeply about the forum, the community of people within it, and the world outside of it. Wookie is good people. Of that I have no doubt. It just so happens that in the kerfuffle threads my POV/opinion diverges from his at times.

The above paragraph is how I feel about @anon10396289 and every regular as well. Except that our opinions/POV diverge in different places.

3 Likes

@suzzer, maybe you can see this if it’s quoted?

This is a typical thing that comes up for moderation. Suzzer, for basically no reason you insulted churchill. You’re the one chasing him around the forum here and taking potshots. Yeah, “I have you on ignore” is a potshot. Ok, it’s a little potshot, but now churchill has responded with a bigger shot. Are we now at something that should be tempbanned? This is getting flags.

Now, I’ll be shocked if it’s not that case that every single poster other than me who likes suzzer more than churchill (yes, I like suzzer more than churchill) thinks that churchill is the only villain here and everyone who likes churchill more thinks the opposite. I wonder who watevs thinks should be moderated here.

Anyway, some other mod may ban someone here. I just wanted to complain about all of you.

10 Likes

Yes, I bit. He wound me in.

I’ll take the 6 hr or 12hr ban if I must

Cue Goofy, Wookie, Caffeine, Trolly, Danspartan… shouldn’t be long (I must be owed one for starting that Keeeed poll)

BOO!