SenorKeeed For Mod!

Polls only count if started on the 1st or the 15th or something like that? Other polls are entertainment or practice?

It might just still be the 1st where Rugby is, so

1 Like

I think he’s in the future.

1 Like

I voted Yes because I think he’ll make a good mod, based on the seriousness in which he’s thought about the issues and his proposals for dealing with posting rows.

Same with PC.

Might be the 3rd (I’ve had a few Coronas).

Time zones are hard

Edit; yes, @Microbet, it’s wednesday there! (I’m an idiot)

Any rule changes deviating from how we’ve previously done business with regards to nominating and voting on mods should only apply to the future imo.

Which means they only apply to Rugby? Which means he’s the only one who votes anonymously (another thread I think)? Which means his name gets asterisks? Which means you’re calling him a c-word?

1 Like

You realize that makes no sense, right?

This poll is not official. No way, no how.

Yea lol nothing bad’s gonna happen, everything can be reversed.

I can’t see or vote in the poll for some reason but I would vote NO

Poster hat on: I share goofy’s concerns. But, I also think there’s a chance he’d take this seriously and do a perfectly fine job.

Part of the reason I like keed is he’ll toe the line and masterfully engage people into fits of rage. It’s funny to me because I honestly believe he’s being sincere when he does it. I dont know how good of a quality this would be for a mod. his posting in the last few days seems sincere, but who knows. I don’t know if keed can turn that off and he has admitted publicly in the past that he likes being the “heel” - i’m paraphrasing badly, I know he’ll chastise me for it, but I can try to dig up the post.

OTOH he has been a long, longstanding member of this community. If he starts trolling as mod, just give me the fuckin word and we can remove him. I think he deserves to at least be heard and given a chance to contribute if he wants to. Call me a sweet summer child all you want but I’ll go hard defending this.

Goofy, I also said I was like 90% done with the site and then asked to be admin a few days/weeks later or whatever it was. I dunno if it’s really that damning to me. It interested me and I realized I could do more to help out the site so I volunteered. I am pretty sure he wants to… help? What would be the ulterior motive here?

I have to refrain from voting now though, I feel like no matter what I do it’ll be the wrong decision somehow.

4 Likes

I voted no because while I think Keed does care about the forum a lot and would be a surprisingly good mod, I don’t feel like this poll was started in good faith.

Is this a trust issue? Meaning TL1 vs TL2 vs TL3 (or whatever the levels are).

Same, I’m still open for a turn in the barrel if someone wants to leave but I’m not worried about getting skipped.

1 Like

This is exactly how the process has worked in the past. Not sure why this time it would suddenly and obviously not be official. And not sure why you believe that your single opinion has any more bearing on this than mine. As far as I’m concerned, we are following the exact procedure that we followed in the past. And nobody had any problems with this procedure before.

You’ve confused me. But all I’m saying is all these sudden suggestions for rules changes should only apply in the future, after they are discussed and agreed upon. And should have no bearing on the current poll.

I started the poll. First thread i’ve ever opened. The first poster to call me out on this site was keeeed. Many posters have called me out since. OFC they’re all wrong but I digress… Keeed and I started to understand each other and even though we still don’t agree on everything (China), he’s not blind to other opinions or ways of expressing them - he’ll do fine

No, he has me on ignore ;)

One way to prevent gimmicks from voting would be to not have an “open borders” policy and restrict voting to posters who have attained TL3. Of course, this would also disenfranchise “felons” who have lost TL3 status due to too many temp-bans and flagged posts. It might also be reasonable to just restrict voting to TL2. It looks like the Preet and Sweet Summer Child gimmicks have not yet attained that rank.

The idea behind public voting is that it views the community in the whole as a legislative body and we wouldn’t want votes in Congress to be done by secret ballot. The argument for anonymous polling is that the community functions as an electorate rather than a legislative body and the principles behind the Australian ballot should apply here.

Do we have an established process for removing a mod who doesn’t want to be removed?

I can usually see polls so I don’t think so, probably what goofy said about some kind of bug with ignored posters and polls.

Restrict it to TL2 or something, TL3 is absurd. i didnt even get it til I became admin. It really punishes people who stick to a handful of topics and don’t venture out much into the rest of the forum