Self Temp Ban Request Thread

Can I have the two-week pre-perma ban please? I get most of my news and online engagement from this forum and need to decide whether that’s worth the constant drama and hostility regularly on display. It’s also not healthy for me to scroll this shit while quarantined in a hotel room with covid. Thanks.

2 Likes

Done.

Shit, hope you’ll stick around, hokie.

2 Likes

Two weeks and then perma please. I just can’t take Trolly anymore.

Don’t forget about @anon15325461

4 Likes

Two weeks Cuse style (silence), please

1 Like

I tell you, I’m trying to make contributions to the discussions on the site on subjects not relating to forum wars or moderation, but the likes to ctryi’s ban request don’t make this place seem very welcoming to me. I get that church’s request contained some troll and AQ seemed to be making a joke and I took the likes for hokie to be kind of supportive, but I don’t get cheering ctryi saying he wants a perma. Am I missing something and they were sarcastic?

Thus my question at the end. Do you ever not try to score points with a post?

eta: my whole post there is examining different reasons for likes…jokes, support.

A “joke.”

2 Likes

I didn’t know if it was a joke (reference to something) or a shot or the truth. You liked it, but that must have been sarcastic. At any rate, that was a shot then. I don’t understand the likes for cytri’s post if they aren’t genuine. His post had no shots or jokes or trolls or references.

I’ve asked @JonnyA for a silence by PM, rather than perma for now. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’ll take a perma. It’s been real.

1 Like

4 Likes

The hell happened here?

1 Like

Please don’t do that.

1 Like

noooo :(

1 Like

Tony shake head

2 Likes

Oooh, is this the “look at me” thread? I’ve always craved attention. Can I get some attention please? Please?

No self-requested bans for me, because, you know, I’m, like, an adult who has control of his motor functions so if I don’t want to post, I just, like (and this is some crazy shit), don’t fucking post. But some attention would be lovely, thanks!

5 Likes

Yes, you’re the real grown up here, mocking people who are struggling with this place/social media/whatever.

Nothing says “I’m a real adult,” like trolling the people who are asking for help staying off a site that’s not healthy for them.

Absolutely pathetic.

Never noticed.

4 Likes