SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

I’M the attention whore? haha

anyway marksman is right. local reports are good. carry on. but methinks the lady doth protest too much with the insta-reply of attention-whoring. you’re one of millions, bob.

I don’t have it yet.

2 Likes

i’m probably a tad on edge bc i’m 99% to have this bullshit.

ex-gf (who i’ve seen every other day or so and ahem been close with this week) got told to stay home as she was in close contact (every day, they’re besties) with a friend at work. and that friend was the 2nd confirmed case in our county yday.

makes the dry coughs (i don’t smoke), random puking and inability to take a deep breath get all in my hypochondriac head. :unamused:

9 Likes

You have all that?

1 Like

he’s killing it.

even said that he’s not sure schools will reopen AT ALL this year. and while he closed restaurants/bars at 9pm today, he also waaay eased the UE process too.

i’m like you, kinda shocked. but he is saving lives.

It was a woman

Sick. Post videos.

2 Likes

yes :weary: also in basically the exact order of when they should come (over the course of the first days of getting it).

i’ve read every post in this thread, the last one that this took over, as well as the oot/bfi ones at the old place. so yes, i’m following every self-isolating procedure to the letter… but all i can think about is seeing my parents last week, seeing my niece… i can take a deep breath and hold it for however long, but i’m reasonably healthy. it’s gonna kill me if any of them get sick.

5 Likes

Honestly? Mike DeWine is a Reagan era R, been around Ohio politics forever, and I seriously doubt his Trumpism is real or heartfelt. He’s one of those guys who was center-right before Trump came along.

I’d say hes more of the slimy old-school political type (think John Boehner) who came up in local politics, knows which side his bread is buttered on, and is going with it so he doesn’t get primaried/destroyed by the “party”.

Yeah, it’s deplorable, but more in a “go with the flow to keep my job” type rather than the “utterly incompetent racist idiot” type.

His background in local politics is probably a factor to his success right now.

3 Likes

Have you advised your family?

If you have symptoms and a chain to a confirmed case you should be getting tested and ensuring that your contacts are also self isolating.

Yep, we here in Oklahoma went from the worst governor in the history of the US to the current one - Kevin Stitt - who has shown to be just as bad. We had a fantastic progressive woman running, and a former fairly popular Republican mayor running, but we elected the scumbag that supports Trump.

2 Likes

literally 10 minutes after i slept with a woman for the first time i had been seeing yday, my ex called me 3x back to back to back.

finally i answered and it was her telling me she was quarantined from work bc she was in direct contact with her friend.

imagine still being naked and having the woman, also naked, next to you hearing it in real time on my speaker. like… whoops?

this is all fucking with me a little. didn’t think much about the cough last week, blamed it on the fan i have on at night. now… fuck. i have food and masks and everything else you’d need (bc i’ve always kept a zombie supply in my basement), but it ain’t me that i’ll be losing sleep over.

2 Likes

yes.

i’ve been a bit of a whore lately, so not just family but yes, all contacts. and i made sure they all understood what i was saying, depending on the timeframe when i saw/interacted with them vs when i assume i may have been exposed.

haven’t given much thought to getting tested yet bc a) i just found out yday and getting in touch with everyone took priority, b) i’m not SICK sick, i’ve just become hyper-aware of symptoms, and c) how TF do i even do that? ER? PCP?

but i’m isolating 100%.

i guess i’m even sensitive to how heavy my dog has been breathing today :frowning:

Mexico has been super non-chalant, but finally starting to take notice. On Friday, sports (read: soccer) were going on with full crowds. Yesterday they decided to keep playing, but without crowds, and today they finally suspended all games.

The more informed among the Mexicans on Twitter and FB are starting to realize that this thing could get really bad soon, but on the streets you would have 0 clue, other than seeing a couple more masks. Grocery stores are still fully stocked. I expect in 1-2 weeks it will start to get really bad and the country will go into panic mode.

1 Like

Best wishes wiper. Keep us updated. We would hate for you to go quiet.

8 Likes

Geekwire reporting that all restaurants etc in WA temporarily closing tomorrow until at least the end of the month.

1 Like

Load up on everything now. I started make more trips to the store and loading up on non-perishables a few weeks ago. Just a little extra at a time.

Makes me smile a bit when I see the empty tuna section and trader joes and I have 40 cans or so at home. Snooze you lose suckers. I usually have 20 cans anyway as my disaster plan. That alone could keep me alive for a month if it had to. And I’d look great!

fossilkid, just wanted to say thanks for all your work in the online dating/mexico city threads before i die lol, i’ve slept with 5 women in the last 30 days and managed to keep it casual with all of them except for the 1 i wanted from the beginning.

unfortunately, she’s gonna die now too :smirk:

that said, i’m 41. juggling that many women is a young man’s game.

3 Likes

I’m struggling to understand why Ohio is doing such a competent job here. From my personal experience, people in an agriculture-based economy tend to have a surprisingly good handle on how these diseases spread. If you’re an optimist you could argue that Mike DeWine is a practical salt-of-the-Earth Midwesterner who thinks women shouldn’t be allowed to get abortions but also we shouldn’t let old folks die just to appease Dear Leader. Even still, it’s Ohio; we’re all just a dumb bunch of Trump-supporting clods here.

I really don’t even know what’s going on. I have no special insight. My pet theory is that Dr. Amy Acton is just extremely forceful and outspoken and she’s the 100% realer than Real Deal Holyfield. Will definitely support her for whtever office she runs for. Fucking casually talking about logarithms and shit as if any of us Ohioans know what that shit means.

https://twitter.com/KristineVarkony/status/1237490147052138498?s=20

1 Like

thank you :heart: i mostly lurk nowadays, but i’m here enough that i’ll update if/when i need to.

2 Likes