Sandwich bracket interest thread!

Since the TV and movie theme brackets were so much fun, I thought let’s do a sandwich bracket. (Unless we’ve recently done one and I missed it, then lol me.)

The best part is I won’t have to listen to endless debates about whether a hamburger, or a hot dog, or an ice cream cone is a sandwich, because I will be the final god-like arbiter or what goes into the bracket. They aren’t. Nor is a patty melt, or a pig in a blanket, or a brat. Deal with it. There will be no sandwich competition with a cheeseburger vs. chili dog final on my watch.

Pretty much everything else that doesn’t involve a burger patty or a tube of chopped up lips and assholes is fair game.

I’m thinking we start with these 40, then add 24 wildcards for a bracket of 64:

For the seeding, I was thinking maybe google search result counts? Unless anyone has a better idea.

So let me know if this sounds fun, and if so I’ll run the thing.

Save a bunch of time and just put the Reuben and Cubano in the final bracket.

2 Likes

I have no idea how there could be enough sandwiches for this, but I’ll follow along and vote if it gets going.

Well we got 40 already (well shit, 39 since I said no patty melt, maybe I’ll relent on that since it’s on the image).

And I have a couple to add:

muffaletta

fish sandwich

You ain’t putting in panino con la milza, I’m not interested.

Also seem to be missing a chop cheese sandwich as well

And if you’re including a gyro, why not a kebab?

I think he’s saying that’s just the starting list and an additional 24 sandwiches can be added.

I’ll nominate the Portuguese francesinha. It doesn’t photograph well, but I can assure you a well made one is heaven on earth (and a heart attack waiting to happen).

{07CCFF57-63A1-4B5A-9989-6DEBA963D514}

2nd nom nom nomination is Montreal smoked meat:

And now I’m hungry and Dinner isn’t for 3 hours, FU!

I still remember the one we did in OOT. Winner was Philly Cheesesteak. It was a fucking travesty.

Recently had this a couple of times when I was in Portugal. It’s a very good sandwich, but I wouldn’t put it in the top most tier. However, I must admit I got it without the fried egg, because I don’t like those. I also found the sauce lacking. I really think that they could have gone with something more flavorful.

Certainly bracket worthy, but destined to fail because it’s not elite and hardly anyone has had one let alone an authentic one.

This on the other hand is S-tier. I’ve only been to Montreal 3 times but I’ve been to Schwartz’s 6 or 7 times.

1 Like

True but 64 sandwiches is a lot, so gotta let a few mid majors in. And the francesinha had a great season in the Iberian Coast Conference

Need a ruling if a cheeseburger is a sandwich