Sandwich bracket interest thread!

No.

1. Monte Cristo is one hell of a sandwich omnomnom

How is cucumber sandwich even real.

2 Likes

Brits have no taste buds.

1 Like

I assume they started because of wartime rationing and… people just didn’t stop?

It’s an appetizer for a mayo sandwich.

Just two pieces of bread and gobs of mayo.

shudder

1 Like

Macau Pork Chop Bun

Where are we at on Australian Hand Pies and the Sausage Roll?

Nominating Chacarero, a Chilean specialty.

Also Primanti Bros sandwich

And this for dessert

2 Likes

This is top 3 worst things I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

I nominate Mettbrötchen, a popular German snack consisting of a bread roll (Brötchen) topped with raw minced pork, known as Mett. The meat is typically seasoned with salt, pepper, and sometimes onions or garlic. It is often garnished with finely chopped raw onions and served open-faced:

Of course, if you put the two halves together, you get a sandwich:

sm_8510_mettbroetchen-1

And in this form it’s usually sold when you get it on the go. A great, protein-rich breakfast item, or the ideal afternoon snack to bridge the time between lunch and dinner! :transmet_smiley:

1 Like

Raw minced pork you say?

Btw thanks for including a pic. When I do the tourney I plan to find the most appetizing photo of each sandwich. So for anyone nominating, if you want to give your sandwich the best chance, add a mouthwatering pic.

Yes, raw minced pork.

The open-faced pictures are better obviously, but does it qualify as sandwich in this form?

Saw that this existed. Not sure if helpful, but maybe for initial seeding?

https://tiermaker.com/categories/food-and-drink/encyclopedia-of-sandwiches-60

Yes!

Perfect. I’ll use that then randomize within the tiers.

Oh yeah, I’m adding BBQ Brisket sandwich (can have onion rings and some variations even have cheese).

Also Jewish deli pastrami sandwich

1 Like

Nashville/spicy chicken should probably have it’s own category aside from fried chicken

If open faced sammys qualify avocado toast has to be in there

1 Like