Sandwich bracket interest thread!

I’ll allow avocado toast. Just trying to keep the burgers, dogs, and sausages out. I feel like those should be their own competition.

Tortas in C-tier would probably launch some lawnmowers into space.

Although for Mexican sandwiches, cemitas (from Puebla)

or tortas ahogadas (from Jalisco) would get my vote

Hand pie:

Sausage roll:

Edited to add: Don’t at me about a sausage roll being some kind of hot dog, that’s bullshit. The best sausage rolls don’t use sausage in a casing. These are legit sandwiches and should be treated accordingly!

Czech Republic is totally lacking in sandwiches. I mean we have chlebíčky but they’re just open faced “sandwiches” that are more like New Year’s Eve appetizers than an actual sandwich.

I wanted to nominate pljeskavica but unfortunately it’s too close to a burger to qualify imo. Cevapi u tortilji is good too but I don’t know if we’re counting things wrapped in tortillas.

Torta is on the original 40. Cemita absolutely belongs, and according the the residents of Puebla, a cemita is NOT a torta.

See the back cover of my book for a cemita in the process of being devoured and me attempting to make a DAYUM face.

1 Like

No sausage.

Is a hand Joe like a sloppy Joe?

…so isn’t Beef Wellington then a sandwich, too?

Also what about this:

1 Like

No

Since I’m allowing patty melt as the lone entry with a burger patty, I’ll allow one meat in tube form entry.

Make your best cases and I’ll put it to a vote.

No bickering though! Don’t make me regret this act of benevolent generosity.

Does a stromboli qualify as a sandwich?

Corndog obviously

In honor of Cousin Tim Walz, i submit the Runza (beirock).

1 Like

good lord that is not safe

1 Like

No

When comparing sandwiches will you be comparing the best version of each sandwich, or the average version of each sandwich? In the case of the above sandwich, the best versions are transcendent but the average is very meh. I’d rather have an average turkey sandwich than an average pastrami sandwich, but I would take an A+ pastrami over an A+ turkey any day.

1 Like

The best version of course. For each sandwich, think of the best one you ever had. That solves the problem of multiple variations as well. Just pick your all time best experience and rank accordingly.

1 Like

I’m nominating Sonora Dog for the meat-in-a-tube-off.

You’re letting hot pockets in, but not cheeseburgers? I’m going to abstain in protest

1 Like

I’ve never had a runza, but it looks close enough to a sandwich. Cheeseburgers are excluded because I don’t want my sandwich competition coming down to cheeseburger vs. hot dog. That’s just wrong for America.