Sabo permaban confirmation

Ridiculous to suggest that perma should stand.

3 Likes

his evil and cunning is such that he can puppet grown men separated from him by continents and oceans. Truly a marvel to behold.

6 Likes

Okay i’ll bite, self-ban are meant as a safety protocol for abusive addictions. Are all these posters (who are legitimately among my favorite posters on the site) really need external assistance in not posting?

1 Like

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/changing-the-style-of-debate-at-up/5262/394

Rage Quitters are the nut low. A net positive would be if the actually did quit. But alas they never do. It’s like this…

whining re: a name-call >>>> the name-call itself >>>> whining about the whining re: a name call >>>> Rage Quiters

Rage Quitters refuse to be the part of any solution, they’d rather quit first. But they never do quit. Instead they always insist on piling on, churning up the drama, and making things worse.

The correct way to deal with Rage Quitters would be to permaban them right on the spot. Fuck Rage Quitters. Don’t let the virtual door hit you on the way out. How can we miss you if you never fucking actually quit.

Cliffs: doing nothing >>>> Rage Quit

I just replied to you because you brought it to my attention. It’s not directed at you, sorry.

1 Like

Re: the self-ban requests …

I didn’t think I could be more confused than I was earlier this morning, but here we are.

Let’s be clear what he was banned for please. @ ing and trying to stir up shit with me, taking a shot at my mental health. There is context here. I have written quite extensively about my mental health on this forum. I don’t think I should be offered special protections or privileges given that I’m an admin, or you think I’m too sensitive, or whatever. It was clearly over the line though, and if that kind of behavior is going to be seriously argued here as not worthy of banning, this is a place I no longer wish to be.

I actually asked the mods that this be reversed. I changed my mind. I think a lot of you are the nut low of any people I have ever come across online. That is saying quite a lot. Do not fucking @ me. Do not speak to me, do not reply to this post. I want nothing to do with any of you.

3 Likes

That’s ElSapo.

2 Likes

One point of improvement imo is that anyone using “you” as a plural should be forced to name each person they are referring to.

3 Likes

Don’t @ them tho. That’s bad.

2 Likes

fine, I’ll just start with every single person who voted reject the ban here.

what are you confused about? Remember when I said this:

I don’t know how often you read threads here (my impression is that you rarely post) and that could be part of it.

I don’t think I’ve ever feuded with anybody here, except maybe I partook in a little bit of the keeeed stuff early on, until the potato diet won me over. Almost every poster on UP has brought something to the table, the ones that left, the ones that get banned once a week, or whatever.

So it brings me no great pleasure to say this: but if you guys are leaving the forum because you didn’t get your subforum in a timely manner (fyi there is an admin transition maybe you heard about it?) and some other middle school bullshit, that’s kind of disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourselves. People who have conversed with you for years deserve a little bit better because this community is not big enough to be split and survive, so you’re kneecapping the forum with this stunt over nothing.

5 Likes

I liked this post for the first paragraph.

The second paragraph, well, this forum isn’t owed microbet’s posting, or johnny’s posting, or cassette’s posting. I agree with you that a bit of patience is called for, but if some of our most respected members are telling you that there is something lacking in how they’re being treated, maybe you should listen to them.

7 Likes

But that’s the thing I keep harping and everyone keeps ignoring. He has no ban history! The mod log thread shows his perma was his only ban.

The rules of this forum have been broken to perma ban a user that many don’t like despite never having a previous documented ban.

8 Likes

Lol, I think that goes without saying.

Owed in some deep sense? Of course not. Owed in some, “yo, we built something greater here than the sum of its parts, so don’t just casually burn it down, especially over extremely minor stuff” sense? Kind of, yeah.

I have no idea what the fuck cassette’s beefs are tbh, I guess he won’t be able to say for two weeks. Who has treated him poorly, who has treated microbet poorly?

This whole thread is designed to deliver a bad outcome and you are perpetrating it.

My question to you is WHY?

The guy is not permabanned for being a cool dude. No, doing them favors is nonsensical.