Sabo permaban confirmation

One point of improvement imo is that anyone using “you” as a plural should be forced to name each person they are referring to.

3 Likes

Don’t @ them tho. That’s bad.

2 Likes

fine, I’ll just start with every single person who voted reject the ban here.

what are you confused about? Remember when I said this:

I don’t know how often you read threads here (my impression is that you rarely post) and that could be part of it.

I don’t think I’ve ever feuded with anybody here, except maybe I partook in a little bit of the keeeed stuff early on, until the potato diet won me over. Almost every poster on UP has brought something to the table, the ones that left, the ones that get banned once a week, or whatever.

So it brings me no great pleasure to say this: but if you guys are leaving the forum because you didn’t get your subforum in a timely manner (fyi there is an admin transition maybe you heard about it?) and some other middle school bullshit, that’s kind of disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourselves. People who have conversed with you for years deserve a little bit better because this community is not big enough to be split and survive, so you’re kneecapping the forum with this stunt over nothing.

5 Likes

I liked this post for the first paragraph.

The second paragraph, well, this forum isn’t owed microbet’s posting, or johnny’s posting, or cassette’s posting. I agree with you that a bit of patience is called for, but if some of our most respected members are telling you that there is something lacking in how they’re being treated, maybe you should listen to them.

7 Likes

But that’s the thing I keep harping and everyone keeps ignoring. He has no ban history! The mod log thread shows his perma was his only ban.

The rules of this forum have been broken to perma ban a user that many don’t like despite never having a previous documented ban.

8 Likes

Lol, I think that goes without saying.

Owed in some deep sense? Of course not. Owed in some, “yo, we built something greater here than the sum of its parts, so don’t just casually burn it down, especially over extremely minor stuff” sense? Kind of, yeah.

I have no idea what the fuck cassette’s beefs are tbh, I guess he won’t be able to say for two weeks. Who has treated him poorly, who has treated microbet poorly?

This whole thread is designed to deliver a bad outcome and you are perpetrating it.

My question to you is WHY?

The guy is not permabanned for being a cool dude. No, doing them favors is nonsensical.

But you calling for him to be granted favors post perma ban?

The problem is all this back room drama is quickly eroding the underpinnings of the entire place.

Those of us who have mostly avoided the drama can no longer afford to do so as a small group of bad actors are ruining the site, purposefully.

2 Likes

I do not want to be shielded. I asked for this to be overturned.

1 Like

Yeah my opinion of a lot of people here has dropped precipitously low.

It’s pretty much a cesspool of juvenile idiocy with a handful of useful discussions hidden among the flotsam and jetsam at this point.

He won’t be telling us after that either - he’s requested a perma after the 2 weeks.

Thanks to all the ongoing stuff JT has requested a ban for 2 weeks and a perma thereafter.

5en46k

37 Likes

This is cool because everyone can interpret how they want

3 Likes