RFC: Unban everyone

I’d push him if we stood there together.

1 Like

Man, I worry about you sometimes.

1 Like

I’m probably a lost cause. Save your worries for someone who has a chance.

Fidget was correct here. He accused cuse of exaggerating his volunteer time and donations and cuse provided the receipts to show that fidget was right.

I reckon just make an unstuckpolitics2, do it invite only and then have the benefit of

1. Not inviting the so-called captains
  2. Loling at them requesting an invite.

It also mitigates doxxing risk by being publically visible.

Of course I know it won’t happen because it could be construed as victory/defeat for sides

2 Likes

Why do you care at all what they do at the other site? It has zero bearing on you, this site, or anything under consideration itt.

3 Likes

Let them have a separate, members-only subforum here.

1 Like

“Unban everyone” is unbanning one person!
It’s just sabo, whom no one seems certain if they even want to post here!

People (including me!) are in favor of this because like, it’s ridiculous there have been thousands of posts about “unbanning everyone” when it’s…maybe one dude who might maybe post here?

I genuinely don’t get how you, with a straight face accuse goofy, I and others of “ban lust” every few days. I went over how personally, once, two and a half years ago I argued in favor of banning one poster! That was one of the few posts of mine you didn’t reply to!

2 Likes

Maybe they mean what they consider excessive temp bans when they refer to “ban lust”.

No one would care if they just went to their site, where people like goofy and myself are not allowed and just were peaceful there. That they come back here to troll, tell ppl here they are not allowed is not constructive.

If JT, Jal or anyone else wanted to contribute in content threads without being abrasive, I would welcome them to do so. It would improve this place! They are choosing to only participate in the feuds, while also bragging about the exclusivity of their place, which is…weird?

7 Likes

This is kind of like establishment Democrats wishing for a strong Republican Party that can function as a loyal opposition.

No matter how fresh the start, I would assume that there are going to be people who dislike each other at some point and figure out what sort of moderation or lack of moderation can best handle that inevitability.

You too?

I chalk that up to having a narrow focus with not much political debate.

Would you think about dropping all of this litigating of old beefs then? It’s pointless and miserable.

1 Like

I gave the first episode a shot, it’s pretty great! I was worried that setting the show partly in NK would be too grim, but the show managed to keep a silly vibe going throughout. I might continue with it but I’m way behind on my telenovelas.

1 Like

I was more referring to the posts of other people, who seemed quite giddy to post in public to reject someone who sincerely wanted to join your forum.

It was a weird choice, and not a very nice one!

2 Likes

The discord is for crypto. Goofy likes things other than crypto. You know both of these things, they have been mentioned today. It’s hard to view this post in good faith.

“They” was referring to a collective of people JT, not just yourself.

Yah it’s that. The bitching about up channel was quickly closed because the potential for conflict worried people.

So you think goofy should change the entirety of the purpose of the discord against the will of the rest of its members, when he is not even in charge of the discord? What? Josh set it up. He doesn’t want it to replace this place at all.

That’s absurd dude.

People were bitching about UP in the discord? Perhaps even talking about people on UP that were not in the discord? I have heard that kind of behavior is very disgusting.