RFC: Unban everyone

The only meaningful difference is that the splinter forum is much, much more restrictive over who gets to post. But somehow we’re constantly getting scolded for not being welcoming enough.

Seems like a fine system but why are you demanding an anything-goes environment here that you won’t demand of the splinter forum?

The existence of a forum that I’ve started with Cuse is limited only by your imagination.

That was a demand? Why don’t you act like an adult?

It’s almost like all this is really about is unbanning Sabo. That can’t be it though. Also Sklansky was never banned.

Maybe it never got off the ground, but don’t lie about trying to start it…before the other site.

Were there discussions about going somewhere else, maybe even back to 2+2 when it was purchased, when your troll campaign was in such full swing that posting on this website was intolerable? Sure. Did they go anywhere? No. But of course you know all this.

Most of this started before the Sabo ban, so no it’s not really about that. It’s more accurate to say that Sabo’s ban was about “this”.

3 Likes

Literally what other member is currently banned who wants to post here? Inso? Does he even want to post here? That’s it. That’s the sum total of permabans on this “ban lust” site. We are dwarfed by the prebans you have apparently doled out.

potential topics on the splinter forum:

• Police - as an upper middle class white male, do we really need these?
  • How to shit on people’s mental health while appearing to be a victim
  • Covid - everyone else is worse than how I’ve been handling an apocalyptic pandemic
  • Mean Girls Club
4 Likes

“Troll campaign” is as BS as it ever was. One person mentioned something to that effect. No one responded to it. One other person mentioned a “campaign” as a strategy to get the subforum, but that was only to have super nice people like conman and cassette lobby for it. When they were treated badly people were ready to give up on that.

There was talk about the subforum and not a new forum, all in the open, and then it was a thread closure (another thing that sucks) that drove the conversation to PMs.

1 Like

[deleted a mean post].

The combustion is 90% about moderation. Always has been. Maybe on reddit it isn’t, but it always has been here and on 2p2.

2 Likes

I’m a neutral here, but what you deleted was actually pretty funny.

1 Like

Ok. I believe you think that. I disagree, at least about here. On 2p2, feeling no investment/ownership, I paid very little attention to moderation or other people’s squabbles.

It’s a travesty when Sabo gets voted off by an unfair process.

Acting like an adult shouldn’t be a requirement of this forum.

If you temp-ban those posters, there will be complaints about bans. If you don’t, there will be complaints about not modding them. I don’t know if more active modding creates more combustion.

I think this is the result of modding. Jman and jal could easily have forgotten their feud if it weren’t part of all the about moderation.

But, what’s done is done and I agree with you about the current state of affairs.

People on both sides had visions of what this forum should be and are disappointed that it hasn’t–that it can’t–become that.

How do we come up a compromise process where no one gets everything they want? Do we want something like majoritarian democracy or something like the Polish Sejm?