Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

Why did you think that mogwai track was skydiver? I would never have thought that. The way i usually work is “it sounds artsy and i’m not sure i like it? Pyatintski. It sounds artsy and i like it? Swanky. It sounds like an MRI machine? Cassette”.

9 Likes

Thread on hold for work related reasons, be back soon.

2 Likes

Just an (incorrect) hunch. The more i thought about it the more I felt it was pyat but I wanted to go with my initial feelings.

1 Like

Worst cliff hanger ever for the third nodium :(

5 Likes

Buffy submission is the greatest worst submission of all time. I propose 1 million bonus points to NBZ…and would love a little insight in to your thought processes when deciding on it.

4 Likes

I really hope mjiggy is an ER doctor. Or Batman.

2 Likes

Well I do work in the hospital but not the ER. I have a student with me today which is why I was hesitant to do my reveal but I was trying to give the people what they want.

4 Likes

Thats acceptable, sadly. If you were a Product Manager in a ‘data-driven social media marketing agency’ i’d riot over the delay.

3 Likes

The last nodium spot, for three points, goes to:

3-nen E-gumi Utatan - Seishun Satsubatsuron (Assassination Classroom Season 1 Opening Theme)

I mentioned anime songs in my OP so I was hoping I might get some nice submissions (the movie Your Name had some rather good songs, for example). Sadly this song is just a bit frenetic for my tastes and not something I would listen to again.

skydiver likelihood: <1% given the note that accompanied it:

The most fun song I’ve heard from all the anime my wife watches

NickP maybe?

1 Like

I didn’t notice the English subtitles at the bottom at first. 2nd listen, I read them along and it’s bananas!

1 Like

Well that wasn’t worth the wait. :angry:

3 Likes

Never nuke a country twice

3 Likes

In the 10th spot with four points is a song I expected to rate higher but wasn’t into outside the context of the movie

From the Juno soundtrack: Moldy Peaches – Anyone Else But You

I haven’t seen this movie in a while but I remember enjoying it and feeling like this song was a great fit at the time. However I found it sort of annoying to listen to as an independent piece of music, hence its placement here.
skydiver likelihood: 5%. Never thought this was hers. Based on context clues it might be Yuv but I’m not really confident as it doesn’t sound like his style either.

4 Likes

Wow I totally had my eyebooger pick pegged elsewhere

1 Like

That’s mine you heartless bastard.

4 Likes

Well then this category has been great for me, taking down both you and pyat early. Should’ve realized this was yours tbh.

3 Likes

First thing is that I try to pick things that I like and I don’t care if I win. I get annoyed when I have to do a lot of research.

The first thing I do is fire up iTunes and look to see what songs I have rated highly that fit a category. I am on vacation so I don’t have access to it right now, but it is rather large. I did a huge project of labeling everything excessively about a decade ago.

So, this was one of the more highly rated songs in my iTunes library that fit the category and it was one of the first things that popped into my mind anyways, so I wasn’t going to work hard to find something else.

6 Likes

Wasn’t me

2 Likes

Fuck I missed that this started.

Still alive brw

2 Likes

In ninth place for 5 points, which I was certain was from eyebooger

The VLA - When I am through with you [Theme song for the TV show Damages]

When this song starts I’m like “OK someone did their research on me, surefire podium coming up!” but that’s about as long as the good vibes last. For some reason this song sounds incomplete to me, like they came up with a title hook and an intro and then tried to reverse engineer the rest of the song and didn’t get there. Sort of a shame as I was expecting something closer to Young the Giant based on the guitars and vocals.

This is another skydiver <5% song, forgot to include it. Need to keep up with my own gimmicks!

3 Likes