Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

lol sorry you hated it. Of the hundreds of 2020 songs I know that’s my fav.

5 Likes

You should get an MRI. Something’s not right.

2 Likes

From the description I cannot believe it wasn’t goatinski’s submission

3 Likes

I feel like both of you are candidates for the next one tho :frowning:

in 12th place with 2 points
Violet Orlandi - Wasted On You [an Evanescence cover]

There are two ways to approach this. The first one is to assume the person is trolling me for my vocal disdain for Evanescence and similar music, which would silly. The second one is this is a genuine entry they thought I’d enjoy and in that case I’ll be far more polite and start off with saying ‘it’s not you, it’s me’.

I listened to the original song for the purpose of this exercise (it’s a song from April 2020, why didn’t you just submit that version, which was actually much better imo) and I was kinda surprised that the original version is less over-the-top kitsch I associate with the band.

The lady performing this cover is clearly talented and has impressive vocal capabilities, but they were wasted on me (had to do it). I did not enjoy the song sadly and had a hard time listening to the whole thing on the repeated plays.

2 Likes

It was borderline PTSD invoking.

This is how I would have to do a cover. I can pick out some chords on a guitar, and I have an OK voice, but there’s no way I could do both at the same time.

this is not mine, btw.

2 Likes

I am pretty weak that I end up feeling bad not liking entries, but I do feel okay bashing the next entry

1 Like

One more nodium spot to fade!

1 Like

Welp

I didn’t know you don’t like Evanescence

I don’t really know much else 2020 music so I’m fine with it. Woulda been googling or going with Symphonic otherwise.

I love Amy Lee but I like this version much better as the Evanescence one adds electronic beats over the singing which I don’t like. I like stripped down songs much better than ones where they cover the vocals with synthesizers or whatever.

Violet is my favorite cover artist but isn’t for everyone.

Either way, I beat the MRI machine so did my job.

1 Like

I really liked that Horselords track. The next one not so much

1 Like

1 Like

In 11th place with 3 points
6IX9INE - GOOBA

So we went from two options to just one. I can’t possibly believe anyone went over 2020 releases, stopped on GOOBA and said this is a really interesting piece of art I enjoyed a lot and want to share with my fellow humans.

This is the only song on the list I’ve heard before (except a different version of another entry) which isn’t a big surprise as it has 600 MILLION VIEWS.

Not gonna go into a big boomer rant on how bad this is, I’ll just quote the great words of 6IX9INE and ask - “Are you dumb, stupid, or dumb, huh?”

2 Likes

Nodium avoided!

I liked it quite a lot.

1 Like

Tim Allen = nodium

My guesses were Nicholas for the cover and Rivaldo for the GOOBA troll

1 Like

Confession: I actually like that song

It wasn’t me

And WAP is the one that caused controversy?

1 Like

Have to walk the dog, don’t do anything stupid while I’m gone.

2 Likes

I have avoided another nodium. My quest to Pauwl this walrus continues!