Request Product Recommendations ITT!

Omg the cheese version of that is INCREDIBLE

1 Like

I usually make jasmine rice with a ratio of 4 parts rice to 5 parts of water, so typically one cup of rice with 1 and 1/4 cup of water, although it comes out fine if you do a single cup of water or probably as much as 1 3/4 cups, will just have a different consistency. Iā€™ve found that ā€œwashingā€ the rice beforehand in a colander, which the package says to do but I used to often skip, seems to improve the texture as well. Brown rice requires more water I believe, something like 2 parts water to 1 part rice. I donā€™t think a rice cooker is necessary by any means but itā€™s nice to be able to throw my rice into something and have it cook without paying any attention so that I can focus on the other items Iā€™m cooking.

We have your standard shitty $20 rice cooker and an $80 Persian rice cooker to make tah dig. Iā€™ve tried it on the stove and have never gotten it right. The Persian rice cooker is hard to fuck it up.

We also have an instant pot. We have a lot of storage in our kitchen.

Thanks but not watching a 17 minute YouToobz

Can someone tell me what the good covid masks are again? Looking for one that has high protection but it is comfortable. I have the 3-layer surgeon masks which donā€™t have a snug fit and some 3M N95s with the rubber bands which are painful for me to wear for any extended amount of time.

RZ Masks were the ones that quite a few people bought on UP early on. I just ordered another one from them.

They now sell vent caps as well so you protect others as well.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with the Samsung Note line of phones? Iā€™m due for an upgrade and considering whether the stylus is a worthwhile addition or a useless inconvenience. Thanks for any insight :).

I have a Note 9. I rarely use the stylus but absolutely love the size of the phone. Donā€™t think I can ever go back to something smaller.

1 Like

Stylus is kinda a useless thing youā€™ll lose, you can get a bunch of them super cheap anyway if you like them so not real a plus imo. Always thought they were flimsy because every samsung phone my wife had broke easy but ymmv.

1 Like

Any indoor Christmas light recs? I assume they are pretty much all the same?

Hoodies.

Gimme your most comfortable hoodie.

Cheapish webcam, will probably only be used to talk with my mom and make her slightly less sad about not seeing her kids for Christmas.

Just use your phone.

Itā€™s at work but I got a $20 one at Target a few weeks ago

1 Like

The American Giant ones are great but pricey

1 Like

This looks like a pretty sick deal to me:

https://www.adorama.com/ifjx100fb.html?sdtid=14644445&emailprice=t&sterm=XjYyk82NIxyLRj1wUx0Mo3b2UkEwNjRL32iKyk0&utm_source=rflaid62905

1 Like

LL Bean. Iā€™ve had mine for 15+ years, and Iā€™m not yet ready to let it go, even though the cuffs are beginning to fray.

1 Like

There was a big price drop so I got the 10" Samsung I was looking at. Iā€™m typing this out on my old 8" tabletā€¦

1 Like

I just ordered this with the addtional 15% RB from raku10.

Anything terrible in these specs that I missed?

Inspiron 15 AMD 5000 Series 5505
256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

AMD Ryzenā„¢ 5 4500U Mobile Processor with Radeonā„¢ Graphics
AMD Radeonā„¢ Graphics with shared graphics memory
8GB, 1x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2x2 (Gig+) + Bluetooth
4-Cell Battery, 53WHr (Integrated)
Silver Backlit Keyboard,