Request Product Recommendations ITT!

I’d plan on adding 8 more GB of RAM if you’re doing anything serious with it.

1 Like

American Giant Hoodies are great, durable, warm, comfortable. Easily worth the price tag.

2 Likes

I was thinking of getting my wife running shoes for Christmas. She will mainly be running on a treadmill for the next few months. Nike vapors seem good, but anyone have other suggestions?

I really don’t think there’s any substitute for going to a running store and getting fitted. There are tons of shoes that, over large populations, would be assessed as very high quality. But what really matters is how they fit the individuals’ feet and running style.

I mean, sure, if you want to have a physical gift to wrap, buy a pair of Nikes and wrap them up. But IMO you’re better off just treating that like a physical stand-in for actually getting fitted.

1 Like

Holy shit. You made me double check my invoice. Maybe you’re looking at the 128GB version?

There was also a $30 coupon, so I paid $220 + $17 tax. Still small compensation for living under Fascist Orange for 4 years, ha.

Maybe that price cut is on its way to you.

Anyone have suggestions for a password manager?

One that works with my Trevor would be nice.

I’ve used 1password for a long time and love it. Works across multiple platforms so you always have access on computer phone tablet whatever.

I’ve used keepass forever, but it’s probably time for me to reconsider new alternatives.

Here’s my request: treadmills. These are obviously in high demand due to combination of winter and COVID, so I’m not even sure why I’m bothering searching.

From what I’ve seen so far, I think I’d buy the Sole F80 for about $1,600, and it’s actually available for pickup at a store within 50 miles of me. The problem is that it apparently weighs like 300 pounds and I would have to get it into my basement and assembled. I’d much rather have a company-affiliated delivery/assembly/installation because I am a lazy person.

So is there any obvious decent treadmill out there that’s actually available for delivery in the next month or so? I don’t care about an embedded screen, nor do I want any monthly subscriptions. I just want to run while I listen to podcasts or watch something on my iphone.

It looks like Trezor only works with Chrome browser (pending March 2021)which is makes it a no go.

I’ll give 1 and keep a look see later. Thx peeps.

why? I love keepassXC, it’s great and I don’t have to worry about some webservice getting hacked and exposing all my shit. The database format works with plenty of other clients as well (including a few on iOS)

1 Like

Lastpass has been my go-to. The others are probably good too but wanted to throw that in the mix as well.

1 Like

Because I often feel like I made a decision to use something several years ago and never revisit that decision despite there being lots of changes and new products over time. Like in this case, I had no idea that keepassXC existed!

1 Like

Lastpass as well.

1 Like

I think most exercise equipment outlets will offer to install the treadmill for you.

I recently bought a small cheapo treadmill because it’s getting too dark/cold for my usual walks, but I can’t really recommend it.

One thing about 1Password is if you lose your master key your vault is locked forever and nobody can open it, not even 1Password.

We own a Sole that I bought used for about $800. Had to get it up to the second floor of the house. I hired movers to pick it up and haul it upstairs. Think it cost me about $100-$150 for the movers. I’d suggest that if you want that Sole.

There’s probably a sweet spot, but I loved the $5k or whatever treadmills in my fitness studio. As a 300lb dude with a firm stride I’m a fan of treadmills built like tanks. I don’t know if any of those are available for under $1500.

Lastpass is a shitty product owned by shitty people and I continue to give them $12 a year because I’m too lazy to move hundreds of passwords to something better.

There must be a technical reason they don’t offer import export functions from their main competitors.

Much more likely to be the opposite: locking people into their payment plan.

Data export routines aren’t difficult to write.