Request Product Recommendations ITT!

Since I already have a working Surface laptop which I love, decided to pick up a MacBook Air for my 2nd machine.

yeah our last laptop was a 2017 macbook pro aka the worst keyboard ever made so this was quite a positive switch. Though to be honest Iā€™m using our secondary laptop, a 2013 macbook pro, more than this thing. Its about the same size and weight, keyboard is about as good, and the UX is just slightly better.

Iā€™m not a macos or windows fanboy at all, I use both, win 10 with a 104 key keyboard is very good, but laptop windows not great really idk. Its close. Probably should have waited a year and see if the M2 chip macs are any good but yeah.

post corrected

I donā€™t think that is the case.

1 Like

yeah, not even sure where I read that now. I guess they were comparing it to the M1pro and sounds like itā€™s possible the M2 could even beat it on simple tasks so idk.

Sounds like the new Mini might be my next purchase.

1 Like

Tbh I wouldnā€™t mind a lower power M1. M1 is already more than enough horsepower, something that would have even longer battery life would be sweet

The m1 is one of the most energy efficient chips ever made.

yeah but it could be even better

2 Likes

Got the MacBook Air, and now for the painful process of relearning the Mac OS.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking to get a pull up bar for a doorway to get SWOLL when I work from home. Anything particular I should look out for?

Make sure it fits in your doorway, including that the molding at the top isnā€™t too deep. And donā€™t try to do gymnastics on it.

Also they tend to have cheap foam padding that might not protect the door frame. They might ding or mark it up.

1 Like

Bluetooth turntable?

goots

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Whatā€™s your budget?

Also, let Lawnmower chime in also. Iā€™m gonna look through some more reviews.

Sounds like there is a trade off here for sound quality.

Iā€™m new at this so I donā€™t really want to spend a bunch off the start. $300 or less. Biggest requirement is Bluetooth so I can hook it up to my sonos system.

I went out with friends for record store day and bought some records without having a playerā€¦ seemed like a sign.

Correction lysol.

You probably arenā€™t going to beat this for $300. Only real drawback is that itā€™s not direct drive. But that is only important for a dj putting serious wear and tear on it.

I think this actually makes that Sony a bad buy. Audio Technica also has mutiple bluetooth models at $200 and right above. Which makes me think that the Sony is all looks and convenience.

If you sunrun a session you could upgrade for $50 more and get a carbon tonearm and mdf body. I have never used an audiophile table so I canā€™t speak on what the sound quality upgrade would be with carbon over aluminum.

I can say that the sound quality on these models should be significant over anything under it in price just based on stylus quality.

Best buy carries these so you can definitely avoid shipping.

1 Like

Any noise-canceling earbud recommendations? Thinking of splurging for the Bose but would prefer something a bit less pricey.

I really love the airpods pro. the noise cancelling isnā€™t world-beating but itā€™s more than good enough for me, I use them all day for a mix of zooms/podcasts/light music and theyā€™re the most functional bluetooth headset Iā€™ve used (given I am also using a mac and iphone).

2 Likes

Iā€™m a bit wary of airpods as I bought a pair of the regular ones and they promptly died on my several days after the warranty expired.