Request Product Recommendations ITT!

I’m no expert but tables don’t bear much weight and aren’t really subject to the same wear and tear that things like sofas or chairs are.

It might be worth it to pay up for custom chairs and bench but get the table itself on the cheaper end.

1 Like

Best inexpensive burner phone? Asking for a friend.

Won’t she get suspicious if the main phone stays in the hotel all day?

HE can just give it to NBZ. We know he’s not going back to the strip club.

Looking for a camera around ~500. What’s the best place to go about getting recs?

Tagging @CS04 and @ViridianDreams as they are our two resident photographers and may be able to steer you in the right direction.

2 Likes

what kind of camera (e.g. do you just want something simple and pocketable, do you want to be able to twiddle all the settings, do you want to have the ability to change lenses etc) and what are you planning on shooting?

1 Like

Probably a beginner mirrorless from the research I’ve done. Something at the beginning enthusiast market. Meant for travel, but doesn’t need to be pocketable strictly.

I can’t imagine getting a mirrorless today and considering anything other than the Sony lineup tbh. I have an olympus micro four thirds setup and its great but if I was starting from scratch today it would definitely be the Sony gear.

2 Likes

I started with a Sony a6000. It’s a good camera, and you can find used kits w/ a body and lens for around $500. Adorama or B&H photo are pretty good online retailers

1 Like

Awesome thanks guys. My research seemed to suggest Canon or Sony. Canon seems to be deprecating their lens series for the cheaper mirrorless, so makes sense to get Sony. I have heard their UI is heinous though lol.

1 Like

If the sensors are the same size/quality then go for the one with the best lenses.

Does the Sony take Zeiss lenses?

Not sure, don’t know anything about lenses, etc.

Looks like I can get the A6000 for cheap or spring for a 6400/6600 if I want 4k video. Hmm.

Yes. I have an 85mm Zeiss Batis

1 Like

I’m not too in touch with the entry level cameras nowadays, but if you did want to go the DSLR route, there’s usually some pretty great deals on bundles on Craigslist, either Canon or Nikon.

1 Like

I think I’m leaning towards spending the extra money to get the A6400 for 4k video + newer model. With the 18-135 kit lens.

Looks like it’s sold out everywhere :frowning:

EDIT: Whelp: Sony stops production of all a7 II series and a6400 cameras due to chip shortages: Digital Photography Review

I bought the Sony a6000 last year as I wanted to use it for indoor product photography. I’ve watched countless YouTube tutorials but I can’t take a good picture to save my life, and my Pixel takes much better (and easier) photos. This is for indoor photos. It does take nice outdoor photos with little struggle, but it’s just too much of a hassle and now it sits in its box on a shelf, untouched.

Hmm, that’s interesting. What is it about the indoor photos that you don’t like?

It’s not even a question of not liking. Rather, due to my incompetence as a photographer I’m just unable to take quality still shots. They come out dark or blurry compared to my smart phone camera, with which the same objects in the same lighting come out great. I’ve tried everything but nothing seems to work.