Request Product Recommendations ITT!

Looking for a low to mid tier over the ear headphones. Maybe Bluetooth, but wired is ok. For the 4 and 6 year olds so need to be of some quality but not so much that if they get thrown or whatever and break I won’t cry about it.

Anker soundcore life q20. They are 52 on Amazon right now. They are pretty good for the price range.

2 Likes

Any Pixel 6 users? How’s your experience been?

I’ve done a search, but haven’t seen any mattress discussion. Maybe I’ve missed it?

Have spent the last few weekends trying to mattress shop. It literally is the worst. Google hasn’t been much help, as it ALL feels like promotional pages rather than impartial content.

In the end got sick of it and bought a memory foam mattress topper to see if it will get some more time out of our current mattress. (Which is too hard and giving me back pain)

Any ideas on where to go to for good mattress buying advice that might also cover Australia?

1 Like

@JohnnyTruant is our resident mattress expert. Don’t know that he could give you Australia-specific info. But for general stuff I’d guess he would be the go to guy.

1 Like

I have the pro. It’s great

1 Like

Trying to decide between the Pro and the regular 6. A little afraid of the larger size.

Probably best idea would be to go to a store and handle them physically. It is a very large phone. I don’t have an issue with it but I have large hands.

1 Like

Even the regular 6 was too big for my liking.

Trying to upgrade from a Galaxy S9, which is the perfect size for me.

1 Like

I just found my old iphone SE while cleaning out my desk, it is absolutely mindblowing how small it is compared to my (non-max) 13 pro. Just a perfect form factor, I would have absolutely gotten the iphone 13 mini if it had the pro camera package as an option.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pixel_phones/comments/qkimuf/pixel_6_pro_screen_cracked_randomly/

So this happened to me. RIP

1 Like

I got a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE in September and it’s a behemoth compared to my old Google Pixel 3. The iPhone SE and minis are tiny next to the Samsung. I personally like the bigger phone. I have fairly small hands for a grown man (but I don’t have a complex about it like Trump), but it’s still comfortable. I’d take a bigger screen over slight comfort when talking, anyway.

I got the same phone for $300 at Costco yesterday to celebrate cyber Monday. The S21s also had a big discount but they were out.

I can’t imagine using a tiny phone. I’m at the age where I have to ask my daughter to read expiration dates on food packages

How long did yours take to deliver? I ordered mine on Nov 2nd with an estimated 5 day delivery. Since then the delivery day has slipped 1-2 days every day. It’s now expected Dec 8-9.

I ordered at launch and got it 2 weeks later. It told me that the delivery date was going to be a month + out post-order (and only 2 weeks at order), but I got it on time anyways

Just ordered the regular 6. Decided the Pro was just a little bigger than what I wanted whereas the 6 was about the perfect size, and that I could do without the telephoto lens for an extra $300.

Here in Japan it’s scheduled to be delivered in early January.

1 Like

Ugh. gchat then hangouts then… gmail chat? has stopped giving me phone notifications and poor cat had to sit at the cancer store for an extra 1/2 hour so I’m finally done. What is the best messenger platform now? I’m not going to use a facebook product. Signal seems pretty cool but is there something better in any substantial way?

I just bought a mattress and went through this. I’ve probably been through the exact sites you have that “review” mattresses. I ended up buying a Purple mattress, mostly because I was able to actually ask two people I know who had those and liked them, partly because I got interested in the Purple because all those sites had them as best for side sleepers (me). I pretty much love it, easily a 9/10 for me. I have a left rotator cuff issue and I haven’t been able to weirdly pin my shoulder below me while I sleep to further fuck it up with this mattress. After I spent about 2 weeks on the Purple I slept on a bed with some kind of thick memory foam and it felt like sleeping in hot sand bags, didn’t care for it at all but I guess some do. I did have an issue with the packaging. The whole thing comes in an non-recyclable nylon body bag, then there’s mattress-sized layers of saran wrap, then the whole thing in a plastic vacuum bag. But I could carry the whole thing myself.

Can confirm purple mattresses are awesome.

I sleep like a baby on a thin futon on a tatami floor.