Request Product Recommendations ITT!

Putting aside that price, even though that wall mount is highly reviewed, I think I’d pass because of how it articulates:

Unless you have a very specific use case where you’d want to pull it out from the wall, I’d prefer to have a mount that leaves the TV more flush to the wall. Even in its closed position, this one appears to leave a pretty noticeable gap:

Sincerely,
Guy who bought an articulating TV mount for the basement TV a while ago and immediately hated it because of that gap.

1 Like

The g1 I posted above has a wall mount that’s crazy flush on the wall + thin profile. Best I’ve ever seen

Does anyone have experience with Mint or other personal finance tracking apps?

I’m looking for a tool to streamline my finances, help create simple budgets, etc.

I’ve been using Youneedabudget.com for a while now and like it alot but its 12 bucks a month. You can try it for a while with full functionality though.

1 Like

YNAB and it’s not even close. Literally a life changing app/program. I’ve been using it since 2016 and still use the older version. The new version is subscription based but also seems significantly better. My advice would be to watch a bunch of their videos and really try to adopt the 4 rules fully as they differ from most budgeting programs. It’s an entirely new way to think about your money. It takes a short time to get used to, but once it becomes natural you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.

Thank you gents. Will look tonight.

Buying a tv is insanely overly complex. Anyone know a site that makes this easier? I’ve literally given up twice before out of frustration over the complexity.

There are like 2 million options and I just don’t care enough to research them all.

I want a good, but not top of the line, 65 inch tv.

I’ve been using Mint for a few years now. It’s fine. I mainly use it to track transactions and spending and see trends by month or year. And get a sense of where investment accounts are at since we’re now splintered across 6-7 custodians. It’s fine for my needs.

I feel like once you choose one of these programs, it’s hard to switch because you lose all the transaction history (which in my case, is a main reason I use it).

Rtings.com is the best site for TVs. It’s overly complicated too, but just go with the top recs.

3 Likes

just go to costco and buy whatever is the size you want and you’ll probably be pretty happy

6 Likes

I usually start with Wirecutter for reviews, their TV reviews for example. They at least give a few different options and explain why you might be interested in different tiers of TV. ETA: I forgot Wirecutter was purchased by NYT a few years ago. I think their general quality of reviews has went down, but it is still a good place to look

Given your stated needs, I believe pvn is on the money.

2 Likes

This is what I have now in 55inch.

Will I even notice an upgrade to a recent 65 inch?

I recently went from a 55 to a 65. The size difference is VERY noticeable. I would guess picture quality won’t be, except for the fact that now your really nice picture is bigger. I’ve never bought a really high end TV, so I’ve always been very content with just a nice HD picture (now I have a 4K, but not much I can actually watch in 4K).

The one I got earlier this year was a 65" TCL. Don’t recall the model number, but it’s 4K with built-in Roku, which is pretty nice. It was $900. The reviews I read basically all said it was one of the best bangs for the buck. So far, I’m very happy with it.

1 Like

If you wanted to go OLED, I see Costco currently has a 4k LG 65" “black Friday deal” for $1800. They throw in a 5 year protection plan fwiw.

Leap Chair update - this chair rocks. Definitely worth the $350 I paid, and likely worth $500+.

Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Google pixel 6: fine. Android 12 with no back button and no easy way to switch between apps: infuriating.

I’m thinking about getting this phone.

There’s no back button, not even a soft button?

Good call also coming from pixel 3 so I’ll look for the setting, it’s gotta be there somewhere

Edit yeah gestures menu so now phone is usable again. Irritating.

Got the 6 pro today. Using gestures for now, but will undo it if it still is causing me issues

Did you guys buy your pixels direct from Google or do the carriers have deals on them?