Request Product Recommendations ITT!

My main TV is an OLED and it’s quite good. However, I think that for most things I don’t really care about the difference that much. I mean I notice it, but I don’t think it affects my enjoyment much.

I’ve got several screens set up in the room where watch sportsball. My main screen there is just some random giant TV that was on sale at best buy. I can tell the difference, but not enough to care. Even the cheaper TVs out there are pretty good.

1 Like

If you have the right space for it, modern projectors are really good. Obviously they won’t do the technical fidelity of OLED; they are different experiences and different purposes, but they will do 130" (and way higher) on your dining room wall and do it extremely well:

This is about a $500 Epson unit and it honestly blew me away the first time we turned it on even after reading a ton of hype in my research. The room wasn’t really that dark, it’s just the camera adjusting to the brightness of this thing which is pumping out big lumens. The nice thing about Epson is the replacement bulbs are only $60 compared to hundreds for most of the other brands. I may have stanned for these units in another post on here before but honestly they’re good enough that I’ll write it again. Insane value at the price point and especially if/when they are on sale.

lol $98 wtf

If a site offers a four-payment plan for sweatpants, I’ll pass.

lol fair. i NEVER buy clothes for myself so i can splurge when I do (I guess this is splurging? I legit didn’t realize $98 was that crazy.) But yeah, worth every penny imo :slight_smile:

$98 for sweatpants is bargain bin hunting these days. Only half-joking. Status is expensive. Dlk is married so you can ignore his opinion.

Well fine then, if you’re a 1 percenter like me you can enjoy these pants.

.1 percenter here, I own 3 pairs of those public rec sweatpants lol. I basically live in them in the winter

1 Like

My initial impression is that they look like yoga pants for dudes.

On that note, lululemon pants are my favorite. They’re incredibly comfortable and look great for most occasions.

My lcd tv is still serviceable after 14 years except for some burn-in. Good thing I didn’t get a plasma.

1 Like

They’re basically just comfy sweatpants with a slimmer profile than usual, so you look like less of a bum wearing them out shopping. They’re not tight or anything, but the material is pretty stretchy

If you ever see a sale or discount on them please share it itt. I absolutely hate jeans, so my winter pants lineup is an assortment of different non-denim options. These look awesome, but $100 is a lot.

1 Like

I don’t really sport actual sweats ever but I have entered the phase where I rarely wear jeans. You should definitely check out Backcountry. They are having a huge sale right now and they have alot of tech jogger pants and utility pants.

1 Like

Yea I’m basically the same. Only have one pair of sweatpants that are really only for lounging at home. Leaving the house is tech pants, fleece lined khaki type pants, athletic pants, etc. I’ll definitely check out Backcountry, thanks!

The room that the TV would go in looks like this:

I feel like I’m leaning towards more of a basic TV than an OLED, mainly because this would be a TV for the kids to watch or play video games on, rather than the main family TV. I selfishly don’t like the idea of the best TV in the house being the one that the adults never use.

Move your current TV to the kids room and replace it with an OLED. My living room always gets the TV upgrade.

4 Likes

Wow, how big is your house that it needs a mail room?

4 Likes

He’s one of those liberal operatives that was printing mail in ballots at home. Takes a lot of space to do that at scale. It’s the only reason sleepy Joe won.

4 Likes

spidercrab has a lot of fans. I send him a gushing note every 3 days.

5 Likes

I think this is going to be the way. If I’ve got a wall mounted 60" LED, it shouldn’t be an issue to hang a 65" OLED on the same mount, right? For some reason, I have complete fear of wall mounts failing.

Also, lol at my mail room.