Request Product Recommendations ITT!

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who weighed in with notetaking app recommendations.

I decided to try Evernote, and so far the free version has been more than adequate for my needs. Iā€™ve been reading a lot more lately, and the main thing I wanted to use it for was to record quotations and other notes on things that Iā€™m reading. My old system included writing things down on a pieces of paper or maybe in a word document or maybe not at all. Itā€™s so much nicer to have everything centralized, organized and searchable. In addition to taking my new notes here, Iā€™m gradually transferring my old notes when I can find them.

Hereā€™s what the browser interface looks like in case anyone is curious:

1 Like

I feel overwhelmed every time I look for TVs. Thinking of going with this one from Costco to be wall mounted in our basement:
https://www.costco.com/sony-65"-class---x81ch-series---4k-uhd-led-lcd-tv.product.100757644.html

Any obvious reason not to? Wirecutter has the TCL as the best buy TV right now, but thatā€™s about $350 more than the Sony. Iā€™ve also had mixed experiences with TCL TVs in the past, consistent with many of the wirecutter comments.

This might be more than you want to spend but I just bought a 55ā€ LG C1 and it blows my mind every time I watch something. Itā€™s my first OLED and was well worth the extra money. I came from a TCL 6 Series.

1 Like

Yeah, that seems like it might be a worthwhile upgrade. Best Buy has the 65" for $1,799 right now. Thatā€™s the same as Amazon, but likely an easier return process of something goes wrong. Do you have it wall mounted or on a pedestal?

Wall mounted. I just used the mount I was using for my TCL. Whatever the default VESA settings were.

This, do not buy a non-OLED tv unless you have to, it is the biggest jump in tv technology in a very long time. Also make sure you donā€™t buy a fake ā€œqledā€ or whatever.

I ordered that Leap Chair two days after you posted it (Sept 27) from Madison Seating and it just finally shipped today.

Hoping it helps the back. Iā€™ll keep you updated once it arrives.

1 Like

Nice. Good luck! It is absurdly adjustable, so Iā€™d honestly be surprised if you donā€™t find a way to make it work.

Do you sleep with a wedge pillow between your legs? Highly recommend if you donā€™t.

I donā€™t, but I will look it up and give it a try.

If youā€™re having lower back issues itā€™s the easiest/cheapest thing you can do with the most upside.

I think itā€™s actually sciatic issue. Pain starts low on my ride side glute and goes down my leg. Stretching helps.

Golf and cycling does not make it worse.

What kind of dimensions on the basement?

Also, if anyone requires [[[deep research]]] on TV panels and related equipment, the 2p2 (haha) of that world afaik is https://www.avsforum.com/.

1 Like

If it were this simple you would have figured it out already but you donā€™t want to sit with a wallet or phone in your back pocket. (It took me a while to realize this obvious thing.)

Yeah, I donā€™t do either of those. I wish there was a quick solution.

1 Like

Evernote works great. Only problem is that the free version restricts use to I think two devices.

Iā€™ve been in the market for a comparable unpaid solution with no such restriction.

Trying out Notion at the moment, but if anyone has any further recommendations Iā€™d love to hear them.

If anyone is looking for comfy lounge pants Iā€™ve found utopia in Public Rec. Highly recommended.

1 Like