Request Product Recommendations ITT!

You’re right of course - wealthier people with big lawns are entitled to ruin their neighbours’ environments with the loud noise of gas powered lawn mowers instead of being considerate and doing it over two days with an electric.

Yeah I mean you pointed it out yourself here, but I think there have been some advances in electric lawn mowers in the last 8 years. I have one by Ego. Also nice is that you just pop out the battery and throw it in the blower or edger and you’re off and running.

“Cordless Lawn Mowers with the Power and Performance of Gas | EGO” Cordless Lawn Mowers with the Power and Performance of Gas | EGO

Along those lines, be mindful of the batteries. On the Kobalt line that preceded the Ego stuff, batteries turned out to be mega expensive and difficult to acquire later on. Sometimes they run deals / bundles with extra batteries which is something worth paying attention to.

1 Like

Related to the lawnmower discussion but also my entire list:

I basically never buy anything that isn’t on sale, which allows me to save a ton of money but also to generally buy higher-quality things that work better and last longer.

2 Likes

My microwave does a fine job boiling water in less than 3 minutes.

You sick bitch.

4 Likes

It has about the same power as the Honda I had, and it increases power as the job gets more demanding, it is whisper quiet, and it weighs about half as much. You also don’t have to deal with consumables like gas and oil, and there’s much less maintenance. I’ve been using the greenworks now for about 5ish years and I haven’t done any maintenance to it beyond sharpening the blade.

I have a fairly small yard and I never use a full charge unless I let the grass turn jungle. I’ve never needed to fully discharge both batteries to finish, and they are fairly quick charging anyway so that even if I did I’m sure the first would be charged enough to use while I depleted the second battery.

This. Once you’ve experienced a good washlet/bidet, cleaning your bottom with paper will feel like something out of the stone age.

5 Likes

My electric water kettle I can set from any temperature up to boiling is so nice. It’s fast as fuck and useful for other shit too. Like, my new Bissell shampooer says max water temp of 140 so I set that at 142 and use that for each refill of water when cleaning carpet. My tap doesn’t get there and stove top isn’t accurate.

1 Like

If you want to get looked at as a crazy person in the midwest tell them you have a bidet. I agree though.

1 Like

When I went home to visit my family and lectured them on the merits of a bidet, that’s exactly how I was looked at.

Their loss.

This:

Immediately followed by this:

Had me clenching in pain briefly until I kept reading.

4 Likes

LOL! I often use that kettle to fill up my sous vide water also. It is way faster.

When are we getting a roomba but for lawns?!

I saw an ad for one a few days ago.

Crap, I jokingly told someone the other day that I’m not buying a house until I have a robot mower to do all the work for me.

husqvarna makes one

Ha, welp, time to buy a house

1 Like

I’ve gotten some e-mails from my lawn care company (fertilizer, overseeding, etc. - I mow myself) about a robo mower service. I’m going to look into it to see if it’s worth it - they would own the equipment, I would just pay a monthly fee, so they are on the hook if anything happens to the mower.

My friend owned one of the husqvarna robo motors and really loved it.