Request Product Recommendations ITT!

A second monitor for my computer, discussed itt a few months back. It’s insane how much more productive I am and the ease at which I can get stuff done now. Easily my best purchase of 2021 so far.

2 Likes

FYP

My lawnmower and snowblower are both cordless (greenworks brand) and are vastly superior to the Honda gas mower, and John Deere gas snowblower that they replaced.

I’ve only had to use mine once. Worth it.

The 4 year battery I got at Pep Boys 8 years ago has been replaced 4 times I think and the one in the car now has a bad cell. As long as I drive the car every few days, it’ll start so I haven’t bothered to try to get a new one during the pandemic. I don’t even know if freaking Pep Boys is still in business.

I have nothing to add re: rain jackets other to say that after reading this thread, last night I had a dream where I was in a Columbia-type outlet store shopping for a rain jacket.

1 Like

Not sure if cordless vacuum means the robot ones, but I picked up the eufy 11S on prime day and have been happy with it. Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of some newer or more expensive models, and I feel like I have to keep my eye on it so it doesn’t get stuck on cords, but still much better than me doing the vacuuming.

Electrics are quiet, maintenance-free, lighter, and don’t blow smoke in you face. The overall mowing experience is just way more enjoyable.

2 Likes

Those are great too but I originally meant something like this: The 8 Best Cordless Vacuums in 2022 - Cordless Vacuum Reviews

A good bidet attachment

3 Likes

They market the best ones as dildos.

1 Like

Electric cordless lawnmowers are amazing. Just not having to worry about gas is enough to make it a worthwhile investment, imo.

The biggest pain the ass things about a lawn mower are all gas related things. Do you have gas? is it the right kind of gas? did you forget to mix in the additive that you have to mix in or else your engine craps out? did you leave gas in the tank over the winter?

The actual blades part comes in way down on the list.

2 Likes

You guys are nuts, hated the electric mower we had for like 2 weeks, slow, small, couldn’t do the whole lawn, etc. Only get one if your lawn is tiny.

I’m not sure. For me, I bought gas, put it in the mower and after two or three times the lawn mower started crapping out. Took the engine apart, cleaned it, put it back together again, put gas in it and it crapped out again. Cleaned it and a neighbor mentioned that the ethanol in the gas was bad for the engine and to put an additive in so it won’t gunk up the carbonator, etc.

I put the additive in and the engine stopped crapping out. But the spring was cooler than usual and so there was a while when I didn’t need to mow the lawn. When I put gas into it it crapped out again and looking into it apparently the additive mix has a shelf life. That part seemed obvious in retrospect but just another pain in the butt to remember.

Eventually I had enough and just sold the lawnmower and had some guys mow the lawn.

1 Like

What size and voltage? This is what I have: 60V 21-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower | Greenworks Pro

If your lawn is like 2+ acres then it’s probably best to stick with gas, but my wife and I both quite literally enjoy mowing the lawn since switching to electric. It’s just light exercise with an audiobook (that you can actually hear without an ICE screaming in your face).

1 Like

IDK wife ordered some $200 thing from amazon ~8 years ago I think obviously wasn’t the way to go, but our powered gas mower is super fine and easy to work with, put in new oil once a year, fill it up like 3x and its fine.

I probably just hate the noise and smoke more than is reasonable. But yeah, there’s a huge difference between something like an 18v Ryobi mower and a 60-80v monstrosity. While we’re on the subject, my 80v electric chainsaw is also awesome.

I’ve never added anything to gas and my mowers have worked fine. I have a great walk-behind currently that can fold up and stand upright against the garage wall to save space. It’s not extra powerful or anything, but does just fine as long as my lawn isn’t extremely thick.

Gasoline is unstable and will gunk up carbs and stuff.

I have a small generator I use very occasionally when we go camping. I use it infrequently enough that I have to put a fuel stabilizer in it to keep the fuel from turning bad.

This is mostly simple and inexpensive stuff but kitchen tools that make food prep faster and easier. Also food storage / containers and related items.

An air fryer. I was skeptical, but it really comes in handy when feeding a picky 9 year old that wants chicken nuggets.

This is on your list but reiterating - an electric tea kettle. Great for boiling water quickly for tea, or ramen, or whatever.

Remote starter for your car. Mostly benefits my wife because she’s the cold one, but it is nice getting into your car on a cold winter morning and your car is already warm inside.

Ecobee or Nest or other wifi connected thermostat. Great for helping manage heating/cooling bills, and adjusting temperature from your bed.

2 Likes