Request Product Recommendations ITT!

Need a new office/computer chair for WFH. Would prefer not to go the super expensive route of Aero/xChair/others. Prefer to max out at $150. Anything good at this amount?

Hope you get some recommendations. Iā€™m in the market too. Current chair is really aggravating my lower back.

My suspicion is that everything between $75-$200 is generally the same and you have to go to $400-500+ for the quality stuff, but maybe someone has hit upon something they like.

Yeah, really hoping somebody has a recommendation thatā€™s under $200, but Iā€™m almost ready to spend $400+ at this point.

at the low end itā€™s pretty hard to beat the ikea markus. itā€™s a little above your range but itā€™s a big step up in back support from usual $150 officemax chairs

Chair related:

Iā€™ve had this since April 2019 and itā€™s pretty decent. Iā€™ve never sat in an Aero. This blows away the OfficeMax type chairs Iā€™ve had over the last 15-20 years. Those always ende dup causing my thighs to fall asleep during long poker/gaming sessions. I donā€™t have any back issues and only weigh about 185 or less usually since buying it so not sure if that matters. It is kind of firm and not super cushiony but Iā€™ve never thought about not liking sitting in it once yet. Itā€™s a little pricier but not too bad.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCPSK74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Need a ā€œnewā€ phone (new / used). My #1 criteria is no-frills reliability. Secondary to that I care about size (preferrably 4.7"-5.5"), physical durability, and future proofness. I donā€™t care about cameras / bezels / colors / bling / any of that dumb shit, and I canā€™t imagine spending more than ~$400 (and preferably less).

I practically donā€™t even look at my phone when Iā€™m home other than for calls. So itā€™s not something I use that much, but when I do use it away from home I need it to work (calls, maps, coupons, searches, ticket, rides, etc.). Donā€™t really have an Apple/Android preferenceā€“I hate both equally so this is really just a matter of making due with a necessary evil for me. IME Android seems the least stable with more annoying glitches that pop up in pressure situations but maybe Iā€™m running cold. I had an older iPhone SE that seemed fairly reliable but this newest one doesnā€™t seem like great value at $399?

This completely fixed back issues for me: Leap Chair by Steelcase - Madison Seating. A little above your intended budget even on sale, but mine is built like a tank and feels like it will outlive me.

I have the same chair. I have had it for over 5 years and itā€™s still great.

1 Like

Let me ask a different question: does anyone have a phone that they like?

I bought an iPhone SE 64GB in 2016 and stuck in in an Otter Box Defender case. Battery life is meh, but itā€™s small and Iā€™ll keep it forever if it keeps working. I pull the phone out of the case a few times a month to dust it off and it still looks brand new after 5 years.

1 Like

I have a Pixel 4a 5g. My second Pixel. Close to stock Android. My dadā€™s Samsung is a nightmare by comparison when i have to give him tech support.

1 Like

I actually have one of these and would probably switch to it if the battery wasnā€™t so bad. The newer version looks great to me since the feature cuts are things I donā€™t care about. Just need to find a better price than $399 which seems high?

How much does 5G service cost and why should I care about it? I currently use some MVNO repackager and pay ~$29/mo, never come close to hitting any kind of number on data, and it seems perfectly fine to me? I rarely even touch my phone inside my home and generally get annoyed when it starts making sounds.

It seems like one of the biggest advantages of 5G is that tin foilers can post that 5G causes covid on Facebook somewhat faster?

Everything will upgrade to 5g eventually, so it just means you can get the most out of your provider. I use Sprint.

I paid $450 for mine.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve had a phone yet that I donā€™t want to throw through a wall regularly. I was telling a buddy this the other day who breaks controllers for his PS4 regularly but somehow has had an Iphone 7 for years. The cheaper Moto type androids I use for employees in our trucks and they are the nut low imo.

1 Like

I kinda love my iPhone 11. Obv not cheap but price keeps dropping with the arrival of the 13.

Cheap androids really are the nut low

1 Like

I have the 12 and itā€™s ok but still pisses me off sometimes. Part of it is my developing boomer presbyopia thatā€™s fucking with me I think. #notactuallyaboomer

1 Like

Iphone 12 mini. It works great.

I went iPhone 8 ā†’ cheap android ā†’ iPhone 11, so it feels it feels like a dream in comparison