Request Product Recommendations ITT!

They extended my warranty from 7 years 70k to 10 years 100k because of the issues with them. I never drive mine and it has 27k only atm. I’m planning to make use of the remaining warranty but still don’t want to be stranded if at all possible. I believe there is a bit of difference if you didn’t have the WRX engine in it also which my XT does.

That could be. We had a 2.5i premium I think. The non turbo one.

I’m not sure what you towed weighs tbh but:

I’m really hoping mine blows right before the warranty ends. I’ve been eyeing one of those new Toyota trucks also but feel like I’m wasting my warranty if I don’t use it for travel first at least.

It’s a beast other than the CVT issues. I’ve had it up 4x4 only mountains in CO on stock tires.

My guesstimate is that my boat/trailer combo was likely 800 to 900 lbs.

1 Like

The 2013 Foresters had a 2400 lb towing capacity.

1 Like

Ok I’m a meth head I guess but as far welders go for a beginner and diyourselfer I would recommend a 120V machine and also the ability to run solid wire or flux core, you will be definitely better to run solid wire with a CO2/ Argon mix to learn so that would require buying a bottle but will find it easier to weld without dealing with flux. I think something like this is reasonable.

https://www.harborfreight.com/mig-140-professional-welder-with-120-volt-input-64804.html

1 Like

Not all welders are meth heads but most meth heads have been welders. Don’t hold me to that. Thx for the advice! A guy I worked at an auto parts store did oil rig underwater welding so I know I’m stereotyping bro. He was a badass.

All in jest :grin: , and not sure if it is the best price in town just look for something similar and maybe cheaper craiglist is always a option.

I’d consider used. I found a second hand 120v lincoln flux core machine for $100 including auto darkening helmet, a spool of wire, and gloves. It does just fine for my light duty needs. I couldn’t justify more for something I use 4 times a year, and my garage isn’t wired for 240.

Seems like just the ticket for your needs.

2 Likes

What issues?

I’ve had my 2016 Crosstrek w/ cvt all over the rocky mountains towing my 1200 lb trailer with no issues at all. Super impressed with the cvt tbh.

It leaks and costs several thousand to replace. That is why they extended my warranty.

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles/subaru-issues-extended-transmission-warranty-program-for-certain-vehicles.html

I think they fixed them before your year.

1 Like

Is there any chance you’d be willing to share your tracking template? I have one I built but yours looks… better.

I use this one, which I modified slightly to better fit my needs. It’s fantastic.

2 Likes

If you wanted to spend about $1,000 all in for a new laptop and monitor what would you buy? Use is solely for work, so office, google maps, internet, video conference ect. Zero gaming or video streaming.

Ideally an ultra wide or large monitor.

I’m loving the 34" Samsung monitor I posted about a bit up thread. Makes using my laptop significantly better and more productive.

How much will you actually be traveling with it? Love my ms surface. Plug into a dock at home, but super easy to travel with.

1 Like

Also love my Surface. Best laptop I’ve ever owned.

The only issue I have with it is that it is almost impossible to actually use in on your lap because of the no hinge keyboard. Other than that it’s pretty perfect.

1 Like

I’d just like a laptop I could use on my lap without getting 3rd degree burns.

I’ve got an old surface pro 3 and a more current surface book 2 and have really liked them both. But if you’re not going to use the digital writing function or the tablet feature, they’re hard to recommend. Have never used the surface laptop, though.