Request Product Recommendations ITT!

Is there a thread for family/friend gift shopping ideas?

5 Likes

Any recommendations for mail-order charcuterie? Thinking of sending someone a last-minute Xmas gift.

Lunchables,_turkey_and_american_cracker_stackers

8 Likes

Love the suggested pairing with Capri-Sun (not included).

4 Likes

Olympia Provisions

Anyone have an air fryer and find it worth owning?

Go look at the Cooking Good Food thread. There was just a big debate about them.

1 Like

harry and david probably isnā€™t the best but if you just want to send something and donā€™t want to spend a lot of time researching or whatever itā€™s good to go

Iā€™m looking for something fancy for someone who buys things like foie gras. Olympia Provisions seems like itā€™s in the ballpark of what I am considering.

You can try here. I order at least a ham from this place every year and itā€™s amazing:

https://www.nbsmokehouse.com/Items?cat=a15-03&gtag=s-nav

Hereā€™s a different suggestion, although it may be too late to get it delivered before Christmas: Bentonā€™s Country Ham

Whether or not you purchase some for a friend, maybe youā€™ll get some for yourself. This short video will help pique your interest.

I need an iphone 12 mini case, main things Iā€™m looking for are the following:

1. Durability
  2. Wireless charging compatible
  3. Slides in and out of pocket easily (i.e. smooth is better than rubbery).

Suggestions?

there are probably 3 billion things on amazon that check those boxes and cost less than $15, and theyā€™re all functionally identical, just pick one

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced pair of hiking shoes?

Yeah, thatā€™s kind of the problem

I was hoping someone already picked one and thought it was pretty good after actually using it for a while.

Iā€™ve always gone with the idea that phone cases are so cheap that you can luck into something decent, but Iā€™m also good at figuring out when Amazon reviews arenā€™t written by morons.

I have this case for my Xs, and I have zero complaints. It slides in and out of my pocket easily, doesnā€™t have that ā€œsoftā€ rubbery/silicone finish and I have no damage to my phone (I donā€™t drop it often, but when I do itā€™s usually while Iā€™m walking the dog so it hits concrete/asphalt)

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Liquid-Armor-Designed-iPhone/dp/B08BHLZHBH/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Spigen+12+mini&qid=1607779243&sr=8-4

If I get the 12 I will probably go back to not using a case at all. I never used one until I got the 6, the rounded edges were just too slippery for me.

That looks good. Iā€™ll give it a try. Thanks.

While weā€™re on the subject,

Iā€™m also interested in getting a wireless charger for an iphone 12 mini, but I want the kind where the phone is standing upright.

Most of the ones that I see on amazon like this say that they are work with iphones up to 11 and they donā€™t mention 12. I donā€™t understand why they wouldnā€™t work on the 12 since it would seem the charging mechanism is the same. However, the one I liked the best explicitly stated in the product description that it was not compatible with iphone 12.

So, what Iā€™ve been doing is just looking at the reviews and the questions and for most of them some people have success using them with iphone 12 and others donā€™t. So I might have to resort to trial and error.