Request For Comments: Demod SenorKeeed for Abuse of Power

Fuck you, Dorito Nazi.

There, I said it!

I mean, the lightly salted ones are basically tortilla chips. You just can’t buy plain tortilla chips in the average shop round here, so I made do with the plain doritos. ALRIGHT?

1 Like

I concur. Keeed has admitted that he was wrong and has stated that he will not do it again.

Well that’s your problem right there.

New wording proposed:

Unstuck Politics hereby declares that the best dip for Doritos is:

• Mild salsa.
  • Medium Salsa.
  • Hot Salsa.
  • Sour cream & chive.
  • I am a miserable, unimaginative Grinch who doesn’t dip my Doritos and can’t eat vanilla ice cream because I find the flavour too rich for my insipid palate.
1 Like

There have been several RFC’s that have fizzled without a vote. If nobody in the RFC thread is pushing the matter any more then a vote serves no purpose. It’s literally the purpose of a “Request for Comments.” Sometimes after comments, consensus is reached. Nobody appears to want to push forward with demodding Keeed, so there is no reason to continue.

Edit: Here’s an example of an RFC (with 162 posts!) that did not end in any vote: RFC: A rule requiring pms to moderators before posting complaints.

1 Like

you left off the best choice; queso.

1 Like

As someone who successfully navigated the RFC process on here, let me give a quick overview.

1. An RFC thread is opened to request comment on a subject.
  2. After the thread has been open for 3 days, any user can request a forum admin create a poll within the thread to approve wording for the proposal. It’s important to note here that this can be different than the initial intention of the thread if the commentary has steered things in a different direction .
  3. The poll is open for one week and majority confirms the wording or rejects it.
  4. If approved the final wording is then put up for a official rules vote, which must be confirmed by 60 percent to pass. This poll is also open for 1 week.

So start to finish this is a minimum 17 day process.

1 Like

Not a problem. @Trolly’s COMPLETELY BASELESS criticisms were an affront to my palate, my identity, and my dignity. I’m all in on this if it takes 17 years - the pure gall and temerity of it all is just overwhelming.

(Note: that’s how you do outrage, kids).

Qu’est-ce que c’est - o?

As an example, (anyone can feel free to disagree with my interpretation of the rules) even though this RFC was started to demod senorkeed, if the direction of the commentary instead believed that Riverman should be demodded for his actions here, that could be proposed after the thread has been open for 3 days. That would just need to be proposed as official wording, pass with at least 50 percent of the vote, and then pass again with at least 60 percent.

I’m not saying that should happen. I’m just saying it technically could happen.

2 Likes

When I was a kid, my favorite Doritos were Taco flavored. I haven’t seen them in years. Maybe it’s a regional thing or maybe I just haven’t looked very hard. Google tells me they’re still in production.

But I recently learned that this product tastes exactly the same. So if you’re like me, you can have a delicious salad and be transported back to your youth.

santafe

It’s important that we ban Keeeed so he just makes TP all day feeling bored.

Without established procedures, we’d spend a bunch of time bickering about the appropriate process. In theory, the threat of increased bickering could be a disincentive to doing certain RFCs, but maybe some posters might want to troll the forum with a contentious RFC that has no chance of turning into a meaningful vote.

As with Congress, an impeachable offense is whatever we decide it to be. And things work better if you don’t make up or change rules as you go along.

The best Doritos are these which you sad yanks don’t even have!

Aren’t those just regular Doritos with weirdo Canalian packaging?

1 Like

Pretty sure over here those are called Tangy Cheese.

Thread finally got good, how do I vote 5 stars?

Nope I’ve never seen these in the U.S.

You also don’t have the undisputed GOAT chips.

The US is like a global black hole for chips. You have like 3 flavours and none are good. It’s a super bizarre thing I have actually searched online for an explanation but can’t find one. In Canada and the UK there are 5x more flavours with populations 1/10th the US.

1 Like

When I want a crunchy snack that tastes like bacon, I eat bacon!

2 Likes

Rookie mistake.

1 Like