POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Who was Savid Dlansky or whatever, that was the best gimmick

err well he only made 7 posts but they were pretay pretay good

1 Like

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY VOTE

“Under a Biden-Harris administration, we will decriminalize the use of marijuana and automatically expunge all marijuana-use convictions, and end incarceration for drug use alone,” Harris said. “This is no time … for half-steppin’, this is no time for incrementalism. We need to deal with the system, and there needs to be significant change in the design of the system.”

7 Likes

Automatically expunging the convictions is amazing, this is worth voting for if they will really do it.

5 Likes

Remember George Zimmerman?

2 Likes

it still amazes me that italians count as white people. once they let italians in, imo anything goes. arabs are gonna be considered white in about 20 years.

2 Likes

This is encouraging, if they really push a pro-pot message they’ll have the election in the bag (nb: which means the Dems will not do this).

I’ve been perplexed as to why neither Dems or Reps have pushed a pro-pot position yet; It just seems like the cheat code for winning a presidential election. There are so many low-info people who don’t pay attention to politics but like weed. You can pick up them, young people, hell, you might even peel a few Libertarian stonerbros. I get that the prison industry is lobbying hard to stop it and drug laws have been a foundational way of enforcing white supremacy, but there’s so much public support for legalizing marijuana that it feels like something has to give.

1 Like
3 Likes

I would love if Biden and Harris made this a vocal highlight of their campaigning. The anti-marijuana voters were never voting for them anyway. The pro-legalization vote potential is insanely high. Pun totally intended.

6 Likes

Of course. Like when you ask Costa Ricans, something like 65% of them say they’re white. When they’re travelling in Ohio they still think they’re white even though everyone around them thinks they’re Mexican.

1 Like

This puts the election in the bag. They’ll peel off people who like it or not are single-issue voters if you put this on the table.

I’m suddenly desperate to hear what Trump has to say on it. Even my ultra deplorable father who carried one of those fake get-out-of-mask-free cards says you’re a moron if you oppose pot.

1 Like

He might be okay with pot, but when he finds out how many Black men will be released from prison he will stick with Trump.

3 Likes

I don’t mean he’s bleeding my FIL’s vote. I just mean I think Trump would say something a lot of his supporters would immediately feel is dumb and wrong.

Now as far as votes, I think it will get them Republican voters. I think anyone who opposes federally legal marijuana was voting Republican virtually every time anyway, but there are plenty of Republicans who will chomp a Democrat edible to make weed federally legal.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1306082640240443392?s=19

5 Likes

That is an odd combination of polls. The WI +6 Biden is pretty well in line with other recent and highly regarded pollsters, but that MN +16 Biden is a substantial outlier in favor of Biden. But WaPo/ABC is an A+ pollster, so both numbers should be taken seriously. If there were a third poll in the tweet, it’d be a good candidate for the Vince meme, with WI +6 in the 2nd slot and MN +16 in the 4th, but we’d need a pretty good poll in the third slot to make it work.

1 Like

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/2020_elections_electoral_college_map.html

I wasn’t trying to game out a Trump win, i legitimately just went state by state and marked my predictions

1 Like

Fuck you.

8 Likes

worse, I just noticed biden can win MN, MI, AZ, WI and still lose. NH you wanna be part of canada in a few years, well we’re watching you. see we expect to get fucked over in FL somehow but your little ass state ain’t getting away with shit.

Is Canada the carrot or the stick here?

2 Likes

The Minnesota poll seems like a good candidate to be at the upper end of the margin of error. But it’s still a great sign. I’ve been worried that the racial tension might put MN in play due to demographics.

Not only would that open up more paths for Trump, it would create the exact types of strategic challenges Dems failed at in 2016 - identifying how Trump’s rhetoric was shifting party alignment and changing what states are in play.

If that door is pretty firmly closed, the map and strategy stay relatively simple.