POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Didn’t know this! His finance takes are good.

I don’t think I’ve consumed more than a minute of cable news or opinion in nearly 2 months, so I don’t know what’s happening on there right now. In the case of this election, the horse race is really about just trying to get to and through the finish line for everyone. This has really been an exhausting time in electoral politics.

I’m not sure what it is about this phrase, but you could say this about anyone and end it with literally anything and I would find myself going

1 Like

I don’t know the exact details but saw yesterday that PA passed legislation to allow mail-ballot counting to start 3 days before the election in order to speed up the counting process. That needs to happen everywhere.

Also, it will be interesting to see if there is a spike in college age voter turnout this cycle. With a lot of kids being home and not out of town/state, that removes one of the biggest hurdles for them to vote.

2 Likes

Meh, everyone got clowned on in 2016.

Nah it’s a bullshit Republican bill that the Dem governor will veto. It was going to reduce the number of ballots sent out significantly and Dems called for counting to start 21 days ahead of time, Republicans did three. It passed on a party-line vote.

Thanks, gerrymandering.

3 Likes

Oh, eww. That’s what I get for catching a headline and not paying attention to the details.

1 Like

Feel like the FL polls are the only ones that really matter now. Trump doesn’t have a lot of pathways to victory without FL. Dems can lose PA and WI and still get to 270 if they pick up FL and AZ. I’d be doing as blitzes there if I were running Joe’s campaign.

Bad Minnesota polls out today showing Biden only +3.

Under your scenario he still needs to win either Michigan or Minnesota (or NC, I guess).

He can’t afford to lose all of the swing states, but picking up FL would mean Trump would have to clobber Biden all across the Midwest.

Yeah, I think that is the most likely way Biden loses at this point TBH, and it’s not at all impossible. I think he’s going to win Florida.

Well…

Relying on Florida seems very risky. Has Florida ever done the right thing?

(And that’s even before taking into account DeSantis fuckery and the fact that they don’t have a senate race this year.)

I wouldn’t be surprised. Old people love Straight Talking Joey O’Biden. NO MALARKEY!

The GOP is evil, but kind of brilliant (or lucky). By polarizing the country even more on race, they managed to flip Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin in '16. Now they can put Minnesota in play, too. The trade off is the blueing of Arizona, Texas, Georgia and Florida… but they control all levers of election control in the last three, and the governorship in Arizona, so the fuckery they can utilize is off the charts.

Democrats need to play chess, not checkers. But they won’t, they’ll make sure the elections are fair in their states, while Ron DeSantis will be down there shoveling ballots from Miami-Dade and Broward into the ever-rising seas.

I am very pessimistic about Florida. The riggage is off the charts in that hellhole and fucking olds will always come home to Daddy.

Main spending should be FL, AZ, WI, PA, MI.

Secondary, NC, MN, NV.

Nothing else matters.

1 Like

youdontsaynicholascage.jpg

1 Like

IA and Maine Senate races, too, but that’s a separate matter.

I don’t think anyone is optimistic right now.