POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

I’ve always been kinda torn on this personally. On the one hand, those of us in favor of single-payer universal healthcare are and, frankly, should be in favor of removing this burden from the shoulders of employers…so it feels somewhat hypocritical to hate on Vince for refusing to play the game we are ourselves trying to eliminate. On the other, it truly does suck to work for a company and be forced to get your health insurance on the exchange, where you are almost guaranteed to pay more. It sucked a LOT more before ACA when I was in that situation and literally could not purchase health insurance at any price due to pre existing conditions.

With all of that said, we all know that Vince is just doing it because he’s a cheap, greedy Repube POS.

(Apologies in advance for the health insurance derail)

https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/1320731924328042498

You olds registered Republican change your damn reg and vote for progressives in the damn primaries or I’m gonna kick your ass.

Even if you’re personally centrist. Do it for the kids.

7 Likes

I registered Repube when I moved to Florida after 2000 only because I wanted my vote to count. I keep meaning to change my affiliation but always forget until it’s too late.

If this jungle primary amendment passes though it won’t matter anyway.

1 Like

I can’t even begin to imagine what horrendous mailing lists that gets you on.

2 Likes

In NH I am unaffiliated, and when I get my ballot for a primary I just choose the ballot I want. They mark me for that party, and then immediately after voting (before even leaving the polling place) I just stop at a table set up for this purpose to change my affiliation back to unaffiliated. Can you do that in your state?

But a keen dancer, and Tiktoker.

1 Like

I don’t think people really understand the impact on voter suppression having your state “not mattering” has. Especially when literally everyone in said state pushes that narrative for years.

The motivation for non voting democrats to show up in those counties versus 2016 and non voting trump supporting republicans is vastly different.

Same goes for those who voted 2016. Their motivations to vote are vastly different from each other and from themselves four years ago.

4 Likes

Because a much larger percentage of republicans voted in those counties than democrats in the past.

There is zero reason to believe the huge surge in voter turnout is in any part pushed by Trump voting republicans. Unless you believe large number of new Trump supporters or non voting Trump supporters have been energized to vote,

There is simply nothing to suggest that is happening.

Human behavior and motivations are a part of all this beyond the hard numbers.

2 Likes

The fact that Jalfrezi believes that this indicates a blue Texas leads me to believe that Trump is on track to win Texas by about 5.

Not quite that easy I think I can do it through the Web site

Imagine if reapportionment was based on number of voters who actually vote, giving states an incentive to maximize turnout.

2 Likes

Tried to vote at lunch. 3 hour wait… absolutely insane.

3 Likes

What kind of backward, hillbilly states do y’all live in that don’t do full mail in voting?

Washington GOAT.

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting Biden +1 Texas Pole that just dropped:

It was done October 22-25. Of the 1,018 voters, 44 percent had already voted. Of those who already voted, Biden was beating Trump by 9 points. Of those who had not yet voted, Trump was beating Biden by 6 points.

4 Likes

what state?

Indiana

Marion County (Indianapolis) has 6 voting locations and a million population. Suburb county 20 minutes north has a quarter of the population and 8 sites. Just fucking blatant bullshit.

6 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1320759260859478017

6 Likes