POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

I think he means counting but not releasing the totals. This still leads to some INSIDER INFORMATION in der market, but it also gets a better total on election night than PA’s LOL TRUMP WINS STOP THE VOTE COUNTING plan

I’ve always felt a good compromise (which some states do) is processing can start early but counting is Election Day. So results come in roughly at the same rate as in person.

The original extension ruling was on September 18, then 2 former Michigan secretaries of state filed a suit against the extension on September 29. If we’re lucky the state supreme court will weigh in before November 3.

Counting votes even when done by hand isn’t rocket surgery. If there are lots of ballots you simply need lots of people counting. You can easily get a pretty accurate preliminary result within an hour. Then you have a few days to verify and get the definitive final result if there ballots that need to be looked at more closely.
With modern technology this should be trivial.

Privileged Europeans in this thread.

Just to be clear by processing I mean removing from envelopes, any verification steps, sorting, etc.

Although I’m not actually sure counting American ballots by hand is as fast as you think. I’m Canadian and always hear snide comments from fellow Canadians about US elections (certainly some are deserved) but they’re often because they think it’s like our election where you put an X next to one name and you’re done.

Trump somehow has 4% chance to win popular vote per 538. I’m not seeing that.

Same. I’d love to throw $100 out there giving these odds. Problem is, if Trump then went on to “win” the popular vote I would refuse to pay because obviously there would’ve been shenanigans for him to get there.

2 Likes

AA vs AK says hi! :grinning:

There is no way you’ll find me a single human who has run better in life than Donald Trump, and for that reason alone I remain petrified. Dude has been drilling 1 outers for his entire roll for 75 fucking years.

8 Likes

In Georgia, they can begin scanning ballots today, but the results stay in the scanning computers until November 3. So technically the votes are counted, it’s just that nobody will know the numbers until they are taken from the scanning computers and fed into the main tabulating system or whatever it is.

2 Likes

Hopefully they keep receipts

2 Likes

Lol right. But the reason I’d bet at those odds is because it’s a steal for me. Trump has a zero percent chance of winning the popular vote.

I believe in GA they are literally not keeping receipts. No paper back-up.

oh good georgia computers on an election, what could go wrong

2 Likes

for mail in ballots… the ballots are the receipts?

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1318302835633696768?s=21

5 Likes

So what do you do here? If this is true, it seems like a case of an old looking for some self-relief at a weird time, but almost certainly didn’t put himself on camera intentionally.

2 Likes

Trump will have him in charge of the cyber by tomorrow morning

6 Likes

He’s gonna have a hard time coming back from this. Stiff upper lip.

4 Likes