POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

https://mobile.twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1315085476584452102

5 Likes

New Yougov Poll, Greenfield +4 in Iowa.

3 Likes

Are we still waiting on those devastating polls?

I hope so, because a Biden +12 doesn’t qualify as “devastating” right now, and I haven’t seen andy state devastating polls.

Edit: I suppose Greenfield +4 could qualify as devastating.

1 Like

yeah repubs really gerrymandered themselves into that suburbs shift. couldnt have happened to a nicer bunch of racists.

3 Likes

Biden tested negative against yesterday so he’s pretty much in the clear of the super spreader.

10 Likes

Harry Enten is plagiarizing my UP posts…

8 Likes

The 2010 gerrymandering was done with the following in mind: a) suburban voters being R because of low taxes, etc. and b) rural voters being R because of racism and guns. a) no longer applies, but b) is stronger than ever. So the extent to which the rigging is weakening or backfiring depends on the dynamics of the state.

1 Like

Or… You’re Harry Enten?

4 Likes

reading that as a washout is wrong imo. first of all, rural ares are slowly shrinking anyway, and secondly, there are more people who didn’t vote in the suburbs. there are just more gettables in suburbia

The result is more states with R legislatures, and D governors and senators.

The problem is that the R legislature controls redistrciting.

Numbers keep getting worse for Rump. At this rate we will see Biden 53% vs Trump 39%. Is there ever a point at which the GOP throws in the towel?

No. They can’t. They’re tied to him and they need his voters. They’re too far past the point to throw in the towel. If they cut him loose now they wouldn’t attract any independents and would just depress the deplorable turnout.

4 Likes

Not that I’m complaining, but that’s not earth shattering at all.

She had a +5 poll last week.

1 Like

What would throwing in the towel even look like?

Maybe they can convince Trump to campaign more in areas with close Senate races, or to stop raising money so that GOP donations get rerouted to competitive races.

The GOP really has no option but to fight and claw for every vote to try and maybe win a couple toss ups and maybe get another 2016 style miracle to happen.

The polling has to be demoralizing as hell, but I don’t see there being any real reason not to keep going. I would do the same if the shoe were on the other foot.

1 Like

Trump’s doing a pretty good job of detonating his electoral prospects all by himself. Democrats just need to keep staying out of the way.

4 Likes

Freaking ANTIFA knows no bounds.

3 Likes

I forget where I heard it, so salt grains etc, but I did hear some talk of the GOP at least shifting to a divided government argument. If they went this route they would make a heavy, concentrated pitch to right leaning folks who have abandoned Trump to at least come vote for the (R) congresscritters. I guess they would need to be careful about never actually admitting that people might rationally not want to vote for Trump, but this kind of argument might allow them to keep the Senate and get less buried in the House.

1 Like

Seeing way more pro Trump ads this week than last, more Trump ads than Biden so far.