POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

… and is in a close Senate race where we aren’t even using it against him.

1 Like

i would def fail mail voting if my signature needs to be identical. don’t think i can sign my own name exactly the same twice. who uses a pen ffs

Man, I’m so uncomfortable with the notion that a signature is used for ANYTHING, let alone voting.

I have no earthly idea what and when I signed that has become my “official signature” for my voter registration. Was it when I registered at 18 for voting and the lol draft?

I’m legitimately considering voting in person in a pandemic because I have no clue what version of scribbles they might be comparing to whatever I doodle now. It’s absolutely insane.

I always thought a signature was like, to attest that you aren’t doing the fraud. To make people doodlematch in order to have their vote counted seems criminal.

I hope ya’ll spent more time practicing your doodling 20+ years ago than I did, so you don’t have to choose between getting disenfranchised and pozzed like I do!

3 Likes

Sounds like today’s Ohio Poll from Nate Cohn is not going to be super fun:

I mean, by now you should probably know that you all have very little ability to predict our results based on this information, but:
OH: R+3 party ID, Trump+8 in recalled '16 vote
NV: D+4 party ID, Clinton+2 in recalled '16 votehttps://t.co/WC71lsg77j

— Nate Cohn (@Nate_Cohn) October 7, 2020

I don’t get it. Isn’t that just the methodology?

It’s possible I’m coming to the wrong conclusion. Ohio was Trump+8 in 2016 so I guess this makes sense.

Yes, so this is evidence that the sample they used is plausibly a representative sample of 2016 Ohio voters, rather than a biased sample.

New pole has Trump +2 in Missouri. He won it by 18.5 in 2016, a 16.5 percent swing. This would be the equivalent of a Biden +18 national poll.

5 Likes

Rasmussen has Trump’s approval 10 points underwater today 44/54. The last time Rasmussen had Trump this underwater was June 30

1 Like

doesn’t rasmussen always do this thing where they revert to the mean of other polls when election day comes closer?

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. They did that in 2016. Although i think they were like a week out when they did that, not a month out.

6 Likes

Am i wrong to think If we laugh at Rasmussen when it gives outlier good results for Trump we shouldn’t believe it anymore when it gives bad ones?

2 Likes

Rasmussen isn’t an RNG. It’s biased. When it gives bad numbers for Trump, those numbers are about as good as the pollster could possibly massage the data into. Unless we have evidence that Rasmussen has flipped to have an anti-Trump bias, and I certainly haven’t seen any, there’s little reason to believe that these numbers are anything but an absolute disaster for Trump.

6 Likes

OMGOMGOMG I can’t meme this justice. Someone Meme the new Rasmussen presidential poll. Quickly!! I won’t spoil it. Paging @MrWookie

Edit: I mean the horse race poll, not the approval poll. I tjust dropped on 538

Guys, seriously someone meme this.

I’m shouting into the void here, seriously, the new Rasmussen horserace poll. It’s fun fun fun.

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1313856383624896514?s=21

3 Likes

9 Likes

mcmahon
mcmahon
mcmahon
mcmahon
mcmahon

6 Likes