POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Similar to the Primary Polls, I think we need to start putting UPers on the record in terms of predicting this Potus Bowl. I don’t which poll(s) would be perfect, but we should be running something every three weeks or so along the lines of Who Will Be President on Jan 21, 2021? Biden, Trump, or Other?

This is excellent.

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1292225111441973255?s=21

4 Likes

I’d put this guy as the keynote

Maybe they’ll surprise us and the whole thing is a Comedy Central Roast of the Clintons.

My favorite joke from that bit:

“Hi, Jeff Ross? I’m Mr. Hollywood; we’ve never met.”

2 Likes

LOL

The Clintons honestly would do more to reach voters and repair their image if they could have a successful roast, but I suspect Hillary taking a seat would go about as well as it did for Justin Bieber.

Bill probably would do a roast but Hillary yeah… well I mean she might do it but man she’d be totally fake sitting there taking it.

1 Like

God damn does this race have back of the bus energy.

Exciting things happening in Bidenland (I honestly have no idea how to interpret this)

1 Like

What cabinet position do you think Pete would want?

Something related to foreign policy, I’d imagine. NSA, SoS, DoD, UN Ambassador. Possibly HUD, but lately that’s been a POC (which to me has always seemed vaguely racist, but I could be wrong).

I expect he’s flying all these people in for a sitdown before the VP announcement. Can’t really explain why Bernie, Warren, Duckworth, Pete, plus whoever is coming from OC (Karen Bass? Kamala lives in northern CA, so who knows) are all flying in today other than one big pow wow before the big reveal.

They could also all be decoys.

1 Like

Warren lives in Cambridge, 2 hours away from Springfield.

Springfield also doesn’t have an airport.

Then what is Westfield-Barnes Rgnl?

I’m not sure who’s more irritating, lawbros or private airplane flightpath bros…

5 Likes

I would think he’d want State, but I don’t think they’d give it to him… I think if Rice doesn’t get VP, she’s getting state. I also think he’s a little young and boyish looking for Defense. I think he’s best suited for NSA or UN Ambassador. He’s going to want NSA more, because UN Ambassador isn’t going to help him as much next time he runs. He’s going to want to start as NSA and try to move up if someone departs State or Defense. But what he should really be looking at is trying to get DHS and improve his perception among communities of color by completely overhauling how the organization functions.

Makes sense. I’ve said before that the ideal move in this climate is to announce your entire cabinet before the convention and use them as really strong surrogates, since nobody is campaigning in person and Biden needs to stay hidden as much as possible. So he could be lining up numerous posts.

If he named Sanders or Warren as Sec of HHS, that’d be huge for him trying to get the progressive vote - but it would actually be more symbolic than anything else, as their votes in the Senate are more powerful in pursuing single payer than being Sec of HHS in a Biden administration.

It’s also possible they’re flying in convention speakers to strategize, but I would think you’d rather do that over Zoom in this climate.

Also regarding Harris, if she’s the VP it’s possible she never went back to California after the Senate was out of session Friday. She could have taken a car or train from DC to Wilmington to hang with Joe for a few days.

we’re borrrrrrreeeeddddddd

zzzzzzz

1 Like

Also, apparently this is a hobby of rabid college football fans who follow the coaching carousel. They track flights from weird college towns to try to figure out who is interviewing where.

This is an entirely new world I’m discovering! Perfect fodder for bored political people.

1 Like

That is Westfield’s airport. It’s tiny. The ‘real’ airport for the area is Bradley International which is only 20 minutes from downtown Springfield, but it is considered Hartford’s airport.

I will say after looking through a few days of flights in and out of Wilmington, the vast majority of flights in and out are regional - very little seems to come from outside PA, NJ, NY, MD or Northern Virginia. So for flights from South Bend and Burlington to come in on the same day is very unlikely to be a coincidence.

Pete and Bernie are almost certainly meeting with Biden about cabinet positions.

Chicago doesn’t have to be Duckworth, though. It could be Barack or Michelle Obama, or it could be someone like Rahm Emanuel doing some consulting for the campaign. Tons of possibilities.

1 Like

Announcing his cabinet or at least several of the key players before the convention would be a very smart move. Approaching the entire presidency as a “group effort” would certainly help Biden. Having Warren, Pete, and Bernie involved as active surrogates hyper focused on their areas of expertise would be great cover for Biden to stay quieter while they motivate their respective fans to get excited.

Maybe he’ll announce that he’s having 7 VPs who will share the responsibilities and run a bunch of task forces.

4 Likes