POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Confirmed. Book it. You have the yes 60%+ turnout for 2020 POTUS election. I have the no.

$100 to winner’s choice charity

ETA: I can’t wait to donate to whatever charity it is you choose.

8 Likes

Strongly disagree. 2018 is our best prior here. That had the highest turnout for a midterm in generations. I’m not saying Trump is definitely going to lose because, of course, shenanigans, and also becuase his people are turning out too, but this is going got be the highest presidential turnout race since WW2 IMO. If you’re registered to vote, and you don’t care enough to vote in THIS election ,then why the fuck are you registered to vote.

3 Likes

538 model at highest point for Biden since it launched as well, 77/22.

Disagree with your differentiating between cloth and surgical masks. Three layer Surgical masks are more breathable and possibly slightly more effective than cloth masks. I only wear surgicals when I’m not using my painters respirator for really dangerous situations. I don’t think someone wearing surgical masks is a tell about their feelings on mask use.

1 Like

I wasn’t really commenting on the efficacy…more the commitment.

though tbh, most antimaskers I know just use balaclavas or bandanas

yeah that’s what I mean though. I don’t think you can conclude anything about the commitment to masks either. Plenty of people like me who are very committed to mask wearing who use only disposables. Everyone I work with, nearly all of who me are very committed, use the disposables.

Really? I read the opposite, although both are very close.

I'm very disappointed

12 Likes

yeah this times a thousand. In 2016 it was “I don’t like trump, he comes off as an asshole, he seems rude.” Now it’s “I’m out of work, my mother is dead, I’m homeschooling my kids, I can’t purchase toilet paper, I can’t watch my favorite sports, I can’t go on vacation, and I hear there might be some kids in concentration camps.”

4 Likes

Here’s the CDC on surgical masks being better. Granted this is from back in June, has something newer come out?

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article

I think the main reason the surgical masks are better is becuase they have a much finer weave than cloth so they catch more. It’s also why they’re more breathable.

Brett comes at you fast.

#TripleEntendre

4 Likes

Check out the replies to this thread. Seems the non-Unstuck (the Stuck?) general public is waking up to the possibility of actual conflict post election.

Also, shy Biden voters

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1306948565214916610?s=20

(Trump rally is in Bemidji today)

i was considering this the other day, theres no reason there can’t be alot of shy biden voters. People like the wives of trumpers that i think you posted the article about before. Other people that live in heavy trump areas but have a soul or found their soul in the last 4 years. I don’t really buy the trump shy voter this time, i could see it in 2016 but not so much this time.

4 Likes

A quick glance at internet search results doesn’t bring up the one study I was thinking of right away, but it does show that there’s some disagreement as well as differing methodologies that may be indicative of different strengths and weaknesses of the various styles. Surgical masks are definitely very good, but if you have a well-made, well-fitted multi-ply cloth mask, you are in the ballpark, maybe a little better, maybe a little worse. Obviously stuff like tying a t-shirt around your face isn’t as good, even if it’s better than nothing.

I don’t see how a marriage can survive if one spouse is a Trumper and one votes Biden. Even if the Biden spouse hides it, votes Biden, and Biden wins then the Trump spouse will be whining about liberals stealing elections and the country going to hell. I couldn’t take it.

2 Likes

Conservativeish women put up with alot imo

4 Likes

Also tbh the trumper probably whining about the country going to hell regardless of trump being in office or not

3 Likes

fyp

9 Likes

I should probably have more insight into a womans capacity to endure an annoying spouse given that my wife hasn’t left me (yet).

7 Likes

Hilary doing warmups before she hits the stage.

6 Likes