Potential outcomes of Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion (WWIII/nukes?)

You’re not going to gun your way out of a nuclear holocaust, c’mon.

1 Like

no, but he’s not tap-dancing his way out of a major city after one with a crowbar, either.

Not true. You can use it on yourself.

1 Like

again, the most important tool to survive is the one thing you don’t have :frowning:

7 Likes

If a nuke hits Prague, I’m just gonna die.

Good luck everyone else.

You’ll easily be able to get a gun from one of the many bodies lying around who got shot when they decided to go running around in a panic with a gun during a nuclear war.

6 Likes

If you believe in the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, the best way to avoid a nuclear war might be to make sure you are in a place that will be targeted.

Mind-blowing article from 2018:
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/03/human-existence-will-look-more-miraculous-the-longer-we-survive/554513/

6 Likes

That was a wild read.

To whom it may concern

6 Likes

I know this may shock you, but not every situation has an iron-clad simple morally unambiguous response that you can sit back in your gaming chair and sneer at the world for not getting.

Believe it or not, sometimes doing the more passive thing in the moment actually leads to greater risk in the future.

sub-buzz-20355-1479754896-19

1 Like

Anyone know the source on that map for a full list? It’s missing some of what I would guess are obvious targets in my region, like Dover AFB, and I’m not totally sure what the closest triangle to me is because I would have guessed it’d be southwest of where it is.

The damn Redcoats return for revenge!

Not the same map but plenty of information at

edit: best places according to above

nuclear-war-survival-map-usa

googling 2000 warhead scenario turns up a 10 year old reddit thread:
Reddit - Dive into anything

Also this: https://www.psr.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/projected-us-casualties-russian-attack.pdf has a map as well as some other interesting stuff:

“A 1998 study estimated that a limited accidental attack on the US, involving 64 warheads on a single Russian Delta IV submarine, could cause 6,838,000 prompt fatalities”

Great.

Even after nuclear war, we’re still going to have to deal with Susan Collins.

8 Likes

Her disappointment will be legend

1 Like

As the world smoulders in ruins, “I think Putin learned his lesson.”

1 Like

If the world ends I’ll be contended by the knowledge of how annoyed all the thin people are. We didn’t eat pizza and we’re still dying the same time as you!?