Post a photo of where you are

8 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

12 Likes

Technically about 3 hours ago, but close enough

12 Likes

Actually from yesterday and I’ll be there again tomorrow.

tagged for @simplicitus

3 Likes

Nice, looks about 20 houses down.

Winter in Florida is tough.

6 Likes

3 Likes

I was in a kayak in Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge. It’s part of the Everglades, essentially, so you are right, it’s basically a sawmp

3 Likes

The Everglades isn’t for everybody, but I thinks it’s a cool place. It’s literally a massive, slow moving river. The Seminoles called it the River of Grass because there are miles upon miles of sawgrass interspersed with pockets of Cypress trees. It is an amazing ecosystem, even though it’s incredibly inhospitable for people. Before we drained half of it, it provided habitat for an unbelievable numbers of wading birds.
There are also all kinds of cool plants you can find. I think there are around 40 different types of orchid that are native to the area.

3 Likes

https://imgur.com/LdHhgin

4 Likes

Some pictures from my weekend in Captiva for the Everglades Coalition Conference:

11 Likes

ViridianDreams and KingOfNY meetup time.

Not sure why those two posted sideways…

King of NY lives in Captiva?

He’s in Miami. I was thinking you were in the Everglades which is close, but Captiva still isn’t that far.

1 Like

VD (nice initials you have there),

I assume he’s on vacation from NY, but you seem to always be in FL. Do you live there or is this an extended trip?

I actually live a little ways north of Miami. I don’t recognize the name, KingofNY, but I like meeting people from 2p2/these boards

Asked and answered.

He posted right above your last pictures.

1 Like