Police Murder George Floyd Then Riot Nationwide (Links to Streams in OP)

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1299056687857496064

12 Likes

He’s a state rep, not a member of the US Congress fwiw.

1 Like

Opinions differ. I’d say sometimes but not always and almost never entirely.

We should be preparing for the giant hissy fit they will throw if Trump loses, with the understanding that we can’t count on cops to save us. I am open to the possibility that we may need the military operating on US soil to put down white nationalist militias.

Right wing folk hate being policed but love brown, black and the left being policed. Its why they are going out joining them in all these protests.

Maybe we’ll be lucky and Canada can step in to give us some democracy

11 Likes

Yeah this has never given me much comfort. They may be cowards but large groups of cowards can still muster the courage in a group.

Though i be more worried them doing something if trump loses, close or not.

Who here has seen the pictures on the White House lawn and hoped for a lot of Covid?

2 Likes

I had to laugh at him equating raising taxes with murdering babies.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1299398906107887617?s=20

3 Likes

The military won’t be on the side of protests, but they seem to have clearly indicated that they will be on the side of the rule of law. They won’t do anything they aren’t required to do, but it seems fairly clear that the military leadership will refuse to obey any illegal orders and that they will have a different view from the Trump administration on what is legal.

This is true because cowards and bullies have a lot of overlap, and when they don’t cowards love to hide behind the bullies and egg them on. I think most LARPing gun nuts fit more into the latter category but that doesn’t mean they’re not a threat. They just need a spark from bolder bullies.

https://twitter.com/local24jalyn/status/1299356172437393409?s=21

9 Likes

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs later apologized for that. There was also a report that he refused an order to send in the Army in response to BLM protests.

Why are we so focused on the military when it is obvious that the National Guard and other federal agencies are 100% capable of inflicting any amount of violence necessary on protesters?

Then, what, do we expect the military to actually step in and put a stop to that?

The best we can hope for from the military is that they stay on the sidelines during whatever happens.

Yeah, a big issue is that the military talks a lot about their honor, etc., but that doesn’t imply good judgment. There are surely plenty of US military that will process an order to mow down protestors from their Commander in Chief as something they are duty bound to follow thru on.

The military we would need to use to re-fight the Civil War.

I know there have been surveys showing Trump doesn’t have huge support in the military but there is a lot of fascism and white supremacy in the military

I think senior military officers are mostly committed to the rule of law. I have questions about the officers below them. If a confrontation happens, it might be better to happen now, before those lieutenants and such become generals and admirals.