Police Murder George Floyd Then Riot Nationwide (Links to Streams in OP)

The only way to fight power is with power.

Can you tell me when the idiots in MI killed people with stray bullets and burned down buildings with citizens inside them?

Please don’t say they risked spreading the virus by gathering en masse: I think you’re smarter than that.

Are you seriously saying that the as yet unprosecuted murder of a black guy in broad daylight is equivalent to a bunch of people who can’t get their haircut?

5 Likes

Most of the cops don’t live in MPLS.

For example, the asian cop in the video lives out in Coon Rapids.

I just woke up like an hour ago, sat up all night till 7am here watching this, I was transfixed to some live feeds and stuff, truly frightening stuff.

Arresting the journalists and crew has got me even more angry than I though I could be.

From some accounts Chicago and LA may be next, maybe even tonight, I don’t honestly think it will kick off again tonight in minnesota as the ones that wanted to got there kicks in, fairly sure there be more protests though and the Cops will be as tough as they want to be, expected heads to be kicked in.

I don’t think this is stopping boys and girls, buckle up, with 40 mil unemployed and having seen loads of white folks in the riots I’d guess it definitely not the last major city to burn this year.

It is fascinating to consider that in the USA’s much less civilized days, Presidents sent in federal military to

1. Allow black children to attend schools. (Eisenhower and Kennedy in 1960s)
  2. Fight on the side of black folks under attack by white citizens! (Grant in the 1870s)

It’s like a non sequitur dumb-off.

You don’t find my theory at all persuasive that they aren’t going to ever want to appear to be placating rioters, and therefore will wait until the streets are effectively occupied and pacified before doing shit… building burning & non-police casualties be damned?

There has always been the theory, which would be called a “conspiracy theory”, that LA 1992 was originally supposed to go down like this: the cops got convicted, and the cop bosses decided to teach a lesson and make a threat to civil society, that the cops can allow rioting at their whim. But instead what happened was this: the cops got acquitted, and the cop-bosses had sabotaged their own response such that when the shit really did hit the fan, they couldn’t do anything about it.

Anecdotally, lots of family members of rank&file LAPD officers were livid that their loved ones were unnecessarily put in harms way by these alleged maneuvers. A family member of a then top command level LAPD officer personally told me the same.

BINGO. If you like what’s happening in MN you’re basically rooting for GOP control. This is also BLM’s shortcoming: just because you can do it doesn’t mean you should, especially when it subverts what you purport to want to achieve.

waves hands

Did you know the people who couldn’t get their haircut were white?

Wow, you can arrest someone who killed another person in Minnesota?

2 Likes

The idiots in MI didn’t get hit with tear gas and batons. They were treated with the utmost respect by their police comrades.

1 Like

I’m reminded of something with fire.

I think that’s possible for sure. But the prosecutor for the county is a democrat. I guess I’m expecting better. It wouldn’t be the first time I was disappointed.

Even though the hivemind’s hot racist takes are starting to come out on queue - now that they have the endorsement of Dear Leader - they’re still not going quite as hard at this as I thought they would. I thought the responses to this would make my blood boil, but not so much so far.

But like always, they’ll surprise me with something more reprehensible than I could imagine. Maybe I’m just numb to it by now.

3 Likes

The federal response, as completely backwards as it is, is dictated by protestor behavior not the offense they’re protesting.

The comparison fails badly at that level.

I’m guessing a lot of people burning down small businesses and apartment complexes full of Democratic voters aren’t exactly enthusiasts for justice.

The fire that the undercover cops started to give them an excuse to terrorize protesters?

1 Like

This is where you are confused. This never makes any difference.

1 Like

Agreed. That definitely accelerated the protestor response. That said, everyone knew the MI
protestors were chicken shit (especially the cops) while it was obvious that these protestors were out to burn buildings and loot for some reason before the tear gas even started. They were already doing it, is the best evidence.